Brand New SUV

I'm currently in the process of considering the purchase of a brand new SUV, and I have a strong preference for the RAV4 2023/24 model. However, it seems that this vehicle is in high demand and currently unavailable through the dealer ALJ. While I can find it at some other dealers, the price there is significantly higher, almost SR 15,000 more than the price offered by ALJ.

I would like to explore alternative SUV options that not only have good resale value but also come with reasonable maintenance costs. Can you provide recommendations for SUVs that meet these criteria, aside from the RAV4?

This is the problem with Japanese SUVs.  The good resale value and cheap maintenance allows for ridiculously high prices but crap features / drive comfort.  Practically every SUV in this range will have a big markup.   You can look for a Hyundai as an alternative or even a KIA.

Personally, I went the whole route of land cruisers and others...........and realized that these cars are overpriced, bad features vs. american/german cars and the road safety is debatable (I was in an accident in a brand new Lexus SUV and the airbags didn't deploy.......as a result of which, some people were injured needlessly).   So I chose the middle ground...............I get a new german or american car and flip it for a new one during warranty to avoid a larger resale value hit and repair costs.  I drive 45-50K a year so this means, every two years.   You will understand what I mean by drive comfort and features when you drive a fully loaded RAV4 and then compare it with, say, a Jeep Grand Cherokee (or even other Japanese cars in the 3.6-4.0 Litre range e.g. Prado).