Eco Lagarto Development

We are looking at renting a place a Eco Lagarto but after reading some of the reviews, are now skeptical.  Are the roads really as bad as what these reviewers are saying?  Is it close to a beach?  We would like to rent on the Guanacaste coast for 2 months this winter - any other suggestions would be welcomed. 

Buenas Tardes, I just passed through Playa Lagarto last week on my way to Marbella for a surf. Yes the road is in pretty bad shape right now,but passable in two wheel drive. La Municipalidad comes in and re grades it usually the beginning of November. I assume you ment you're coming in your winter,our dry season/summer here. The road will be ok by then,albeit dusty. Eco Lagarto is near some beautiful beaches,you'll still need your car. That area is way out in the country,but I like it,as I visit there several time a year,as it's only an hour from my place, suerte,,pura vida😎

@Surffeaver Thank you so much for your reply.  Would you be able to tell me how far it is from grocery stores, etc. I expect you need to be organized since there isn't anything local around, is that correct?  It looks like a nice place online and there seemed to be a large community of homes.  Thanks agaiin for any insight.

@cratedivision Buenos Dias, Playa Lagarto is indeed a little remote,but that gives it ,it's beauty. Less people around. Santa Cruz is only 40 minutes away, all you need is there,banks,grocery store, hardware, gas ,todo! There are a few pueblitos around Playa Lagarto  that have puplarias ( convenience stores) so if you run out of minor items you'll find them there. Marbella is only 5 miles or so to the south of Lagarto,and there's a social security medical clinic there. Pura Vida😎

We have a house at Eco Lagarto. The road to Eco Lagarto is 10 km of the gravel road which is not that bad in wintertime. The beach is within 30 minutes walking distance from Eco Lagarto. There is a small restaurant at Eco Lagarto.  For grocery shopping, you can go to Marbella (15-20 min drive). You can also go to Marbella Beach and restaurants in that area.