Medical insurance required for economic self s6

I gather that one of the requirements for the self sufficiency status is medical insurance. I have some questions about this:

1) Are there any particular insurance companies in Malta that sell this type of insurance?

2)  What does this insurance entitle you to? Does it just enable you to use the Maltese hospitals and doctors?

3) Can people give me some idea of what this type of insurance generally costs for people in their 60s.

4) Can anyone recommend some good companies for this type of insurance

Many thanks for any responses

Hello

I took mine out from Gasanmamo:

the cheapest one, in-patient key.

It only covers me for hospital stuff, GPs, dental, glasses aren't covered.

I am ony allowed private clinics and hospitals. Hospitalisation in public hospitals afaik aren't covered.

Nor is any preexisting condtion (you better not be diabetic, insulin would be on you).

For a full coverage, the best is to take an expat insurance but ofc prices are not the same.

I am 60 and payed 860€ for one year, expat insurances can jump to 3000 or even more.

I am not sure my health insurance will be accepted as a comprehensive one. If not, I will ask Gasanmamo for the full version, show it to ID Malta and cancel afterwards.

This is a very US like conception of health care, very different from the one in practice in most of a EU countries.

Good luck :)

I came here pre Brexit, self sufficiency, over 60, no insurance, got my health certificate, and have had a hip replacement operation  mri scan, xrays,etc.

And a foot operation,  without any costs .

Contact Malta gov.mt, for information.

Good luck.

Try

Entitlement health @ gov.mt

I came here pre Brexit, self sufficiency, over 60, no insurance, got my health certificate, and have had a hip replacement operation mri scan, xrays,etc.
And a foot operation, without any costs .
Contact Malta gov.mt, for information.
Good luck.
Try
Entitlement health @ gov.mt
-@

Unlikely to apply to someone from Greece.

@GozoMo

Am I missing  something  here ?????

Where does the Greece  thing come from ????

@GozoMo
Am I missing something here ?????
Where does the Greece thing come from ????
-@DP4

The person who asked the question comes from Greece, the reason you have free health care is because of an agreement between Malta and the UK.

@GozoMo

But....where in his / her post does it say they come from Greece  ????

@GozoMo
But....where in his / her post does it say they come from Greece ????
-@DP4

Look at their profile.

Thanks everyone for your responses.

Yes I am Greek so EU rules would apply to me.  But out of interest does the UK - Malta agreement still apply now post brexit to UK citizens or do they also have to take out medical insurance

Thanks everyone for your responses.
Yes I am Greek so EU rules would apply to me. But out of interest does the UK - Malta agreement still apply now post brexit to UK citizens or do they also have to take out medical insurance
-@Pandorak

The Health agreements are still in existance between UK and Malta following Brexit. The Reciprocal Health Agreement only gives basic cover whereas cover using the S1 form for those in receipt of a UK state pension gives full health cover. I believe that those applying for cover via the S1 since Brexit no longer get cover with the UK NHS system when visiting the UK whereas those who had it pre Brexit have full cover in both countries.

Also the EHIC is no longer issued by UK but an agreement was put in place whereby a new card, the GHIC, is issued on expiry of your EHIC and carries much the same benefits.