Starting A Brazilian Business

I will be starting a Brazilian Business in 2024 and would like to know the Pros and Cons others have experienced. I would also like to know if it is possible to have taxes done by a bilingual tax person. (it appears that I can continue to have my taxes done by Turbo Tax).

Roddie in Retirement1f575.svg

Unless you fronting a lot of capital, CNPJ MEI is your best option. 

Use an accountant where needed. Avoid Attorneys until you really need one. 

The local chamber of commerce reads like Associacao Comercial or Junta Comercial .  You might want to join them. I would take local business and demographic data with a grain of salt.

Any business you start, you ought to be knowledgeable about it, Brazilian ways.  So get menial employment in the field, to learn all the pitfalls before you vest your working capital in it. 

And those practices to hiring cheap contractors with no tools or viable transportation.  Watch for labor claims and Mechanic Liens on your property.  Yes, on that account, you need to consult a Labor Attorney.  Also, make sure you know if there is any trade Union on your backyard that deals with the manpower you seek.

Brazilians, in Sao Paulo at least, tend to overspend on the businessplace setup. only to fold  within a few months latter. So skip the fancies and go bare bones as much as you can .

Always mind the store.  And by Store, you are the one at the Cash Register, if this is a Retail Operation. Hire the best you can on operations. 

For fresh graduates, hire from SENAC or SENAI.  Skip Colleges. 

Just to clarify my background is in media and video. Except for one individual who is an expert in Adobe Character Animator and lives overseas, there will be no contractors. It will be produced entirely by myself in my glass enclosed YouTube studio at my house and will be broadcast internationally to the general public who are interested in learning English.

i am specifically interested in what paperwork etc. is involved in creating a business in Brazil.

Thank you for the tip on the Accountant i totally agree.

Roddie in Retirement1f575.svg