Bringing kids to the US

Hi my fiancé tells me she goes to school with her two nephews and stays there all day long because she's terrified that the syndicate will grab then and they'll be sold into child prostitution. They have two security guards there I just get it and my heart is racing!! What's the big f*ing deal? You see someone come in you say who are you here for can I see your id, you ask the kid is this really your uncle or whatever?!! I don't mean to use bad language but * * * !!!!!! I'm out of my mind with anger ! I want to go there, get a gun and interview them myself and if I discover they're not legit and are up to no good I'll blow their *heads off!

Im sorry. We've been in touch for two years I plan on coming out there to marry her and then have her come here on a work visa and work as a nurse.

BUT NOW? I gotta get these kids over here I don't care!! Even before she comes'

Again please forgive me. I'm from NY and we're a little nuts. My question is this:

the 2 young boys were abandoned by Yeng's sister and she's been raising them with her mom as well. Does anyone know the process and the legalities of bringing them here and adopting them?

Thanks and I'm very sorry! What a country! Sheesh!!! Michael Cohen

Moderated by Cheryl last year
Reason : Language
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Adoption here in the Philippines is even more complicated and expensive than annulment.

@michaelcohen717 When I first skimmed over this I thought the children might be on the US West coast or Texas and she wanted to get them to the Phils for safety. My gosh, a prostitution syndicate taking kids??? Here? If I may ask, where does she live?

Hello michaelcohen717,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

Thank you for sharing this here.

I understand your anger/frustration, but could you please be more careful with the words you use in your future posts?

Let's keep it friendly and polite.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Yeah and this is from a self confessed church going christian. I'm hearing crickets..

@michaelcohen717

Is she asking for money during all this? If so make sure it is not a scam. I know of a preacher's son that got involved with something similar. At first it was lovey dovey and the man just knew he met the perfect mate, but then disasters started happening including kidnappings and gun shot wounds. I told him it was a scam but he continued to send money until all money was gone and then she was gone.

If she says one or both of the kids were kidnapped and she needs a few thousand dollars ransom money or money to get the children to safety it's time to end it. Once they are sure you are head over heels and the hook is firmly set they play the disaster card and reel you in. I hope I'm wrong but I became suspicious reading your original post about the circumstances of your meeting. Did she really use the term "syndicate"? That is a red flag for me.

I don't know where this is happening but here in my province young children just out of diapers walk along the roads unmonitored. They could be easily snatched but you never hear of a kidnapping.

My wife and I are adopting a child. The first step is caring for the child for 2 or 5 years, depends on who you talk to. We are half way through our 2nd year.

@Moon Dog Moon dog, I agree with your assessment 100%. The situation is so out of character with this place, I really think she is setting him up with some sort of ransom payment for kidnapping.

Have you actually met this woman or is this an online relationship you are having? I also have to agree with Moon Dog, she could be playing you. I myself would never even consider marriage until I have at least met the woman in person a few times.

We love online relationships on this Forum. They always have a happy ending. CB here I come!

We love online relationships on this Forum. They always have a happy ending. CB here I come!
-@Lotus Eater

I could write a book about my failed attempts using Facebook but hey oh, I did get to see some nice places and have some fun.

I didn't have the benefit of meeting my lady face to face in a brothel or Angeles City bar so it was CB for me.

I didn't have the benefit of meeting my lady face to face in a brothel or Angeles City bar so it was CB for me.
-@Moon Dog

Never been to Angeles City and never intend to go there either, jus do not see the appeal.

I'm not going to get into the relationship and stuff with this person.

But I will give my experience on adoption from the USA of a known Filipino child.

My ex-wife, born on Subic Bay Naval Base in 1954 to a Filipino mom, US soldier dad. She was raised in San Francisco, California by her mom. We knew she couldn't have kids when we married.  I was ok with none or adopting one. Her mother and Filipino step father would go home to Phillipines about every 3 years or so. On one trip, we asked them to keep an eye out in the province in Leyte for a adoption possibility. As it turns out a single mom of little means in their baranguy had 3 kids. One a two year old boy. She was willing to send him off for a chance at a better life.

We had talked to a few people about adoption and the best way seemed to be sticking with a non-profit organization that HELPS with adoption paperwork and processes. They offer guidance,  give counseling and support.  They suggested to get the kid into a well known Catholic orphanage in Manila. So we did that and started the process. It took less than two years to meet and clear all the requirements.  Then we reached out to our congressman to light a fire in Manila US Embassy after speaking via land line to them for final approval and visa.

A few weeks later we were on our way to Leyte to meet the birth mother before heading back to Manila and picking up our now 5 year old son in the orphanage.

We did have to pay $200 "USD ONLY" at our final Phillipines adoption office as obvious bribe money to get his passport and documents.  But that was the only "hurdle".

Normal background checks, fingerprints,  etc. Letters from friends,  previous years tax docs,  etc. Nothing crazy.  Just a lot of it. But overall,  painless. I think the "official" look of getting him out of an orphanage was key to smooth sailing.  Even though the family in Leyte knew the mother.

-@Moon Dog
Never been to Angeles City and never intend to go there either, jus do not see the appeal.
-@Cherryann01

I know you are a good guy by reading your comments. My message was directed at the forum troll. He is a keyboard warrior who constantly insults my wife. I don't think he would do that in person.

-@Moon Dog
-@Cherryann01
I know you are a good guy by reading your comments. My message was directed at the forum troll. He is a keyboard warrior who constantly insults my wife. I don't think he would do that in person.
-@Moon Dog

I appreciate that Moon Dog and I was not thinking you were referring to me. Just a comment since you mentioned Angeles City.