Catfish in Cebu - Fresh or at a Restaurant

Being from The South, I really miss my Fried Catfish. I have Never considered Tilapia as a substitute, no matter how much they market it as such. Does anyone know where I can buy fresh - wild or farm raised - Catfish in Cebu City area? Or, a restaurant that serves fried catfish, either fillets or whole. You would think that Farm Raising of Catfish would be good business here.

@talamban The only source of hito (catfish) I know of is in Manila but you could contact them to see if they have a facility in Cebu or will ship frozen with dry ice etc.: Google Fishnchix dot ph. I will add a URL but admin will like review it and forget to release it

https://fishnchix.ph/products/hito

They have a few catfish farms here.

i have a handyman that lives near me in Cauayan. He is a farmer of rice and cat fish. He has 2 ponds, 2400 fish each........and let me tell you they are the greatest tasting cat fish I've ever had. We caught them which was pretty easy and cooked them on a charcoal grill......unreal. They were about 14~16 inches.

He sells his fish twice a year. Not sure where the fish goes in addition to the local markets.

I'm sure if you do some looking around you can find a source.

after i tasted the catfish i also thought it would be a good product to market, but rice and corn are more of a cash crop. Except when the rats invade then it's hard very hard to get ride of them so the fish help to replace it.

@stuleer Can you provide me with a Contact Info for the Handyman/Catfish Farmer? I will reach out to him to see if he is selling any to local Cebu City Merchants. Thx.

that is way too far away from the Cauayan market for him. he only takes care of the local merchants. As far as this kind of fish they are raised all over the Philippines. You shouldn't have any  problem finding what you want in or near Cebu.