Living away from Cebu City but close enough to visit

Hi,

I would like to move to Cebu but not within Cebu City. However, I would like to live about an hour or so away so I can get there easily by bus.

I have researched Naga City and CarCar but cannot find ANY rentals in those places.

Any ideas please of where to live within a max 2 hour bus trip from Cebu City?  An area with decent rentals would be appreciated.

I am thinking more of South of the city but will be thankful for any ideas, even North. I am not keen on mountain travel, so the same coast as Cebu City please.

I'm in Aloguinsan, but do all my shopping and business in Carcar.....south of Carcar is a nice town called Argao.....never been there, but heard it has numerous subdivisions, and growing....about 3 hours from Cebu City. I'm surprised you didn't find a place in Carcar...because it has many homes too.

Not many for rent in Carcar but up the road in Minglanilla there are many places

Once you get south of Carcar you are in the provinces. Not a lot of foreigner-friendly housing or apartments for rent. Might be something in Argao, as Gregorio mentioned. As Mhammond40 suggested, there are places north of Carcar, especially around Minglanilla, although it is a rather crowded area. There are some subdivisions away from the main road however, and easy access to Cebu, 30 min away.

There are also some subdivisions with potential rentals north of Cebu City, around Danao, which is rather a nice area. We visited a cousin who lived in one of those and it was very nice. My favorite German restaurant is in Sogod a bit further north of that.

its outside you defined area but bogo city is great place to live,nice park good shopping expat pizza places and bars,nice people.
its near the huge zoo built by that lulier guy who owns all the pawn shops.
great place to spend the day or weekend.
lots of housing choices.