Starting an Import Business

Hi Everyone,
I am planning to start a business importing construction equipment, dump trucks, excavators etc...  in East Africa, seriously considering Tanzania. I am having a problem opening the website for Tanzania Investment Authority, I am sure there is a wealth of information there. Do you know if there is a minimum capital requirement? does the money have to be deposited in a Tanzanian bank or a statement from a US bank will suffice? How easy is it to open a foreign currency account?

in the meantime, is it difficult to find a job in Construction / Civil Engineering while I set up a business?

Thank You very much

Filmon

Hi and welcome on board Filmon!

I hope other members will be able to tell you more about it soon ;)

Regards
Armand

hi
I m doing export business,maybe I could help you!
You could add me skype vin19821223,talk online!
Thanks
Amy

Hi Filmon,
That's a good  bet  as construction  industry   is a   booming  sector  across E.A, notably in Tanzania.You be  importing and  also do equipment  hire business,   You  can  open these websites   to  get  a treasure trove of information -  tic.co.tz (for  Tanzania investment  center-very  helpful regarding  capital ).Well, it relatively  easy  to   open  currency  account  with Citi bank, Expor import bank(Exim bank),Stanbic bank  etc.You  also  need  some  patience when  it comes  to  dealing  with government entities.

(Moderated: Register in the Tanzania business directory)

hi
how are you?
I m amy,from china,is it any possible to cooperate?
I m waiting for your early reply!
Thanks
Amy