Working in Tanzania

Dear All,
This topic of giving passport to any company in tanzania, as good number of people have written me mails regarding this .
I want to clear this for Indian Community who is willing to move or work in Tanzania, never give your passport to any company i have seen people here weeping whose passport is held with the companies
Don't accept that offer .
It becomes hell in the later stage and good number of indian people are suffering from this.
So never give your passport to any company.
Also one person has written me about the water in tanzania yes it is correct it contans such chemicals which may change the colour of  your teeth .

AND THE MINIUM SALARY IN TERMS OF SAVINGS SHOULD NOT BE LESS THAN $2000 for managerical position.
Accept offer only confirming everything in detail,don;t mess in trouble.
REGARDS

dear subash

Same thing happened with me also , I came to Arusha and did   hard work from bottom to top to put a Pulses processing industry ,after smooth running the mill , my indian origin boss fired me and put a blame  that I mess up every thing  and I am not qualified and dont know abt the work ,after two years he suddenly his mind lighten up after complete the plant .

here My experience said that All tanzanian who have Indian roots /Origin  are live in old era that Indian are very poor and they can work in any condition

DEAR SIR

HERE INDIAN PEOPLES ARE WORKING EVEN ON USD 200 PER MONTH BASIS
AND WHO WORKED HERE , THEY WILLING TO READY TO BRING MORE INDIAN PEOPLES ON SAME RANGE

WHAT YOU TALK / ADVISED ABT MINIMUM USD 2000/- PER MONTH .
IT IS TOTAL UNREALISTIC FIGURES

RGDS DILEEP

Dear Dileep
I have mentioned that range for mioddle level position,it differs from position to position and person to person,Of course here are persons from india who work on less salary.
I had answered the question as it was asked.

Lower people think lower and higher think higher.
It is cool.
Take care

Hi Subhash,

I was looking at the comment regarding the kind of salary one should expect in Tanzanian companies.

What dipashaa wrote, is the ground reality. Not everyone will be able to get 2000-odd USD as salary and saying that it should be the minimum you should expect, is a little bit misleading to people who are looking to come to Tanzania.

You have written "Lower people think lower and higher people think higher". I am afraid, I didn't really understand what you meant by that :).

Going by your logic, any Indian who is working for 200 USD is from/belong to the lower working class?! By the same token, someone drawing 3000 USD (more than the minimum amount you had suggested) should automatically be the highest class then!

Salary amounts to be accepted should depend on the kind of perks the company offers (accommodation, transportation, other amenities, travel tickets for the family, other allowances etc) as well as the prevalent salary rates for a particular position, the number of years' experience one has, the educational qualifications one possess (someone with a degree from a premiere institute, combined with extensive international work experience will always be able to wrangle a better pay) and so many such factors.

Instead, quoting a blanket 2000 USD (or some such arbitrary amount) as salary is not quite the best way to go about it, don't you agree?

Btw, let us just take a look at the 2000 USD that is supposed to be the minimum salary you should ask in Tanzania.

At the present currency exchange rate, it comes to roughly 90,000 INR. Saying that someone should expect that much money as “savings” per month is quite surprising to hear considering the fact that most of the Indians working in a similar role in any company in India won't be getting anywhere near that amount.

When you factor in the cost of living in India, the tax rate on your salary and the lack of perks such as company accommodation, car, paying of kids' educational expenses and all that, nobody in India can even dream of getting 90,000 INR per month as take-home salary in the middle management levels (that is, unless they have an exceptional career path to showcase).

So, comparing the things that are offered to someone working in Tanzania (accommodation, car, payment of utility bills, food allowance etc) and also realizing the fact that Tanzania is not some country in Europe (where cost of living is exorbitantly high) but is one with a reasonable and manageable cost of living, insisting upon 2000 USD as the minimum benchmark salary sounds way off the mark.

Cheers

PS: As for the Tanzanian water turning one's teeth black...have to admit that I haven't personally experienced this curious phenomenon :D

How is minimum wages in Tanzania roughly anyway..

Does it make difference Dar. and other cities.?

Sweetheart : I would like to impress , that for a European Tanzania is more expensive , than Europe in order to have a normal,even simple `european` living standart.
So I would advise all Europeans,who want to work here to negotiate not less than USD 3000 + secured house or apartment, company car + car allowance .

Subash:Ofcourse I am trinking only pure water from the supermarket , but I am washing my teeth one year long with  Dar es Salaam water from the tap and I don`t have any problems :)

Hi rikiking,

Yeah, it is a totally different story for Europeans since the standard of living they are used to at their respective countries will be quite different from that of an Indian in their home country.

I was commenting on the rather misleading amount cited by everyone as to how much money Indians should be looking at as far as salary is concerned.

Of course, one can (and should) always try to negotiate for the maximum amount possible :). If it works out, great!

The truth is, not all of them will have the necessary work experience or qualification to demand 2000 USD straightaway. So, it would be a real pity if someone were to let go of a pretty decent offer from some company under the mistaken impression that anything less than 2000 USD should not be accepted at all.

The salary can even differ from industry to industry - for instance, IT industry pays extremely well to people with good technical knowledge and experience while certain traditional industries may not have matching salary ranges. Also, a big company may offer a better pay than a medium or small size company.

There are so many such factors that influence the salary offered to someone. That was what I was trying to say :).

Saying, "2000 or more, you take it. Anything less than that, junk it" is a sort of oversimplification :). Unfortunately, salary negotiations are never that straight forward or easy!

Cheers,
Sweetheart

As for the Tanzanian water, I believe even the native Tanzanians would agree with both of us, ha ha ha. Yet to come across a Tanzanian with black teeth :lol:

Sweetheart,
True the water contains chlorine which effects teeth and also change the color of teeth.
* FOR MIDDLE LEVEL POSITION NOT LESS THAN 3000 $ AND ALL OTHER BENEFITS.
INDIANS EVEN COME HERE FOR NO SALARY AND THEY HAVE SPOILED THE WHOLE.

I also suggest them to increase their standard.

dashing
It is very true.
aldrin

I have to comment on the black teeth. It doesn't effect adults. It is the high amounts of fluoride in the the water that causes the teeth discoloration. This effects children and pregnant women (actually the baby inside of the mother developing their teeth) The high fluoride also effects many children and their growing bones. Just thought I would let ya know. :-) Oh and yes their are Many Tanzanians with discolored teeth.

dear all,

As i said earlier i have been ofered a job as asst service manager with a car dealer in dar es salam. i am ofered a take home salary of 1400 usd.is this salary enough for local expenses and some saving.
     do reply urgently.

you are free to contact me on [email protected]

Dear Deepak,
You will require minimum 600 USD for your Local expenses (Basically Food & Daily use items) excluding house rent, mobile, internet and transport, electricity bill.
please provide detail what facilities have been offered to you apart from salary?

dear beingtraveler

apart from the said salary they are ofering free acomodation,mobile talk time of 50,000tzs/month + family visa and family acomodation after six month.

deepak

Ok, that means you can save some where close to 800 USD (35000) per month

sweetheart wrote:

Hi Subhash,

I was looking at the comment regarding the kind of salary one should expect in Tanzanian companies.

What dipashaa wrote, is the ground reality. Not everyone will be able to get 2000-odd USD as salary and saying that it should be the minimum you should expect, is a little bit misleading to people who are looking to come to Tanzania.

You have written "Lower people think lower and higher people think higher". I am afraid, I didn't really understand what you meant by that :).

Going by your logic, any Indian who is working for 200 USD is from/belong to the lower working class?! By the same token, someone drawing 3000 USD (more than the minimum amount you had suggested) should automatically be the highest class then!

Salary amounts to be accepted should depend on the kind of perks the company offers (accommodation, transportation, other amenities, travel tickets for the family, other allowances etc) as well as the prevalent salary rates for a particular position, the number of years' experience one has, the educational qualifications one possess (someone with a degree from a premiere institute, combined with extensive international work experience will always be able to wrangle a better pay) and so many such factors.

Instead, quoting a blanket 2000 USD (or some such arbitrary amount) as salary is not quite the best way to go about it, don't you agree?

Btw, let us just take a look at the 2000 USD that is supposed to be the minimum salary you should ask in Tanzania.

At the present currency exchange rate, it comes to roughly 90,000 INR. Saying that someone should expect that much money as “savings” per month is quite surprising to hear considering the fact that most of the Indians working in a similar role in any company in India won't be getting anywhere near that amount.

When you factor in the cost of living in India, the tax rate on your salary and the lack of perks such as company accommodation, car, paying of kids' educational expenses and all that, nobody in India can even dream of getting 90,000 INR per month as take-home salary in the middle management levels (that is, unless they have an exceptional career path to showcase).

So, comparing the things that are offered to someone working in Tanzania (accommodation, car, payment of utility bills, food allowance etc) and also realizing the fact that Tanzania is not some country in Europe (where cost of living is exorbitantly high) but is one with a reasonable and manageable cost of living, insisting upon 2000 USD as the minimum benchmark salary sounds way off the mark.

Cheers

PS: As for the Tanzanian water turning one's teeth black...have to admit that I haven't personally experienced this curious phenomenon :D

this guy work fr quality yusuf manji or metl or bmtl. he get more money by priasing them. his heart is black not teeth

Dear all,

As i said earlier i have been ofered a job as  international Adviser. how much salary and all other facilityshould i get offered?
     do reply urgently.

you are free to contact me on [email protected]

u should have atleat 600 usd for other expenses like car fuel,mobile,internet,water,electricity,security etc and the rest of amount u can save, so miminum salary should be 1000 usd for an indian.

I have been offered a job in the city of Mwanza. The package is alomost on 55% higher then my current one in india.
Job offered is a managerial one.

Package is $1640 + furnished accomodation
Bifurcation of $1640 is as follows

$900 Tax Free Salary paid in Cash as your savings
$400 in TZ Shillings Tax free fixed Local Salary in local currency to meet all expenses in Tanzania
$80 Fuel expenses Vehicle for official/personal use in the region.
$35 Medical expenses max. one month local salary per annum
$85 Education Allowance - Max USD 1000/- per annum per child
$40 PF contribution 10% of Local Salary
$100 Tel./Electricity/Water allowance

PLUS
Furnished Accomodation will be provided. 1st 6 months will be probation. then after 6 months expense for bringing family (wife and daughter) to Mwanza. Contract of 2 years. 20 earned leaves per year, these can be settled at the end of the contract of 2 years. after 2 years one time expense of going to and back from india all expenses to be borne by the company.

Please suggest urgently.

Regards
VK

Please feel free to contact me on [email protected]

Dear Friends,

I live in India, got a job in Dar Es Salaam as Head Sales and Marketing, cantract is for 2 years asking me to send all the details to get work permit.

Kindly know more about work permit and can I handovermu Passport if the company asked ?

Thanks

Krishna Urs

vipul_kapur99 wrote:

I have been offered a job in the city of Mwanza. The package is alomost on 55% higher then my current one in india.

$400 in TZ Shillings Tax free fixed Local Salary in local currency to meet all expenses in Tanzania

PLUS
Furnished Accomodation will be provided. 1st 6 months will be probation. then after 6 months expense for bringing family (wife and daughter) to Mwanza. Contract of 2 years. 20 earned leaves per year, these can be settled at the end of the contract of 2 years. after 2 years one time expense of going to and back from india all expenses to be borne by the company.

Please suggest urgently.

Regards
VK

I got a job oppourtunity from Olam International and my palce of posting would be somewhere remote & Rural location at Tanzania, Can anybody please guide about the profile of the company along with it's concern & facilities for employees.

Thanks
Amit

vipul_kapur99 wrote:

PLUS

Please suggest urgently.

Regards
VK

Hi Vipul,

Not sure to call it a good salary or bad, but it does not make any sense. Apart from the saving and local salary, other expenses I am not sure if you can survive. The breakup of salary is pathetic, if you are moving with family.

I suggest you re-think.

Pankaj

amareshroc wrote:

I got a job oppourtunity from Olam International and my palce of posting would be somewhere remote & Rural location at Tanzania, Can anybody please guide about the profile of the company along with it's concern & facilities for employees.

Thanks
Amit

Hi Amit

Olam International world wide is a good company.

You have to be very clear where you will be posted. You have to clear it out with the company. Not too many people survive in remote locations if they are not mentally prepared.

Facilities for employees should be mentioned in your contract, review it. If you want opinion of other members in the forum, you can discuss it here. Hopefully you will get good advice from the forum members.

Pankaj

Hi Vipul,
Dont accept the anything below $3000pm(as saving)+local salary+other benefits. Why r u going there then, definitely to see your family staying Happily and have some gud amt of savings for future. Else with less savings, one is quite happy in India considering the other facts.
Think over it......

Hi Subhash,

his any one working for bellow 500 usd in tanzania

bcoze i got an offer from AFRI TEA AND COFFEE BLENDERS (1963)LTD tanzania as an accountant for 350 usd saving + 200 usd local leaving expanses

can any one tel what i need to do now?

plz help me out bcoz i signed to the offer latter and plz make feel free to contact here [email protected]

regards

rudresh G

Hi Subash,

U r very right working in Tanzania my husband faced a lot of problems as he had given his passport to the company.They promised a lot but when he went there they treated him very badly.What was said was not offered.Fly accomodation was like a stable.We r humans but they treat us like animals no value for their employees.The Indian who work ther on the Senior positions just want to make money from other employees salary.
We know some HR Managers they promise a salary to a person and after reaching there they again try to negotiate and take their commission from the company.
There are Indian senior Manager who worst than the local people.I hate to say Infact India shuld unitedly fight against injustice but they r the people who chew and spoil a persons life.Horrible persons i hve met in DAR its a worst experince i hve been through and i pray nobody experince such lfe

Hi kassam,

Can you tell me more about quality group work ethics? They seems an organised company but would be glad to know more about the internal stories as have seen other threads about their negative image.

Would be really helpful if ANYBODY else also can tell on this.

Also how is DAR to live in with family?

Cheers,

Hi linnette!

Which company are you talking about?

Pl explain more.

I have offered for a software company for 1 Lakh indian rupees with food, accomdation and local travelling allowance. Is it a good offer? Please suggest. I work and software functional consultant

Yes its not bad.

Hi
Any feedback on this Company INSIGNIA LIMITED.
its culture,reputation,paymaster etc.
appreciate your help.

give me ur local number or call me [moderated]

Hi deepakgehlot - if you do have some interesting feedback regarding the topic.. know that it would be better to share them on the thread so as to help other members as well and maybe avoid posting your phone number next time pls :)

Hi following the posts above can someone please suggest if Insignia Limited in Tanzania is a good company to work with it? Is anyone on this forum working there?

hi do u know of this company Insignia Limited in Tanzania if you do kindly email me at [email protected]

Dear Friend / s ,

Please suggest should I accept following offer ?

Position :    Cost Analyst and Controller
Remuneration :    1200 USD to 1500 USD Net Savings +120 USD Local Salary ( 72,000 to 90,000 Net Savings + 7200 Local Salary) PER MONTH
Benefits :    · Bachelors Accommodation ( Will provide family accommodation after 6 months)
    · Transportation
    · Child Education
    · Water & Electricity Bills
    · Mobile Reimbursement
    · Medical for Family
    · Air passage every year with 28 days paid leave.(for self & family)
Tenure :    2 Years.

Dear Subash
Giving passport to company sometimes one can not refuge as company would require passport to apply/put working or resident permit, and mostly when you need job you can not be too choosy on passport matter otherwise it shows no trust on your employer.
I have seen even company holding one or two month salaries also.

hi i got job offer in  Oysterbay - Dar es Salaam , they offer me 700 usd net salary  +free accommodation + traveling expense, want to know abt cost of living in there.

dheer09 wrote:

hi i got job offer in  Oysterbay - Dar es Salaam , they offer me 700 usd net salary  +free accommodation + traveling expense, want to know abt cost of living in there.

Welcometo the forum

For cost of living www.numbeo.com

I need a job in Tanzania .I have done bsit.and 6 years working experience .any one suggest me