Starting an NGO in Tanzania

Hi Everyone,

I am looking into starting and NGO - non-governmental organization here in Tanzania, and was wondering is someone has already been through this process and can give me some help.

Thanks,

BonnieTZ

[email protected]

Hi Bonnie,
I believe that you will ahve to deal with Brela to do this. Brela is Tanzania's central name registering authority.
www.brela-tz.org

I registered my company there, and it was less than a pleasant experience. Expect delays and extra costs.

Keep up up to date. I am curious to hear about registereing an NGO. I know other people who are thinking about it.

Cheers,
Ramsey

Thanks Ramsey, I know what a pain it can be to do anything here in TZ, it took us a year to get an official work permit b/c we wouldn't bribe anyone.

Thanks for the website, I will go check it out.

BonnieTZ

I AM A TANZANIA WELL EDUCATED ABROAD, I AM COMING HOME IN JUNE BY VERY SCARED TO DEATH AS I DONT KNOW IF I AM GONNA GET A JOB, I TOLD YOU GUYS, CORRUPTION IS A DEADLY DISEASE IN TANZANIA TO GET OT TO DO SOMETHING YOU MUST CORRUPT SOMEBODY, THIS IS VERY BAD, FOR US WE LIVED ABROAD FOR A GOOD NUMBER OF YEARS WE WILL FIND IT VERY HARD TO BRIBE FOR A THING, I HATE THIS THING OF BRIBE IN MY COUNTRY

Thought I would share what I found about starting an NGO in Tanzania, this was very helpful.

http://www.kepa.fi/palvelut/julkaisut/t … nzania.pdf

Very impressive. I guess everything is online. Or, alomst everything.

Good luck.

hi bonnie

were u able to manage staring the ngo? if not email. i have some inputs.

Hi there Cybermars,

I found/and am working with an already established NGO in TZ, but may start one of my own later on. Thanks for the post.

Bonnie

Hi bonnie,
i desperately thinking of starting an NGO in Tanzania. i have checked kepa.fi/palvelut/julkaisut/t … nzania.pdf , initially  its not opening..........could you kindly give me more information if you happen to have one.
thanks,
geri

Google the words, "KEPA Tanzania NGO, and then click on the (pdf.) that says NGO work in Tanzania. It will pull up the document. It is long and confusing, but it may help.

hellow if you have allready establish NGO and you need employer i am here to work please see my email and contact am available

Hello tubby -> To note that this thread is dated 2011. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

AIM  LOOKING SOMEONE TO HELP ME START  NGO'S.

Hello EDSON DAVID.

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Thanks.

Karen :)

P.S: I think that an introduction and some polite words such as hello, please and thank you are the most welcome. Thanks. ;)

@ benson11: Please lower caps lock while writing on the forum. Thanks. Karen :)

am in Tanzania.. i do want to have an NG'O for helping small farmers in rural areas in order to improve mutual profit with urban areas

friends i need support.. lets make it friend. I need help

Hello daniellyaniva and welcome to Expat.com

Kindly note that this thread on which you are participating is over one year old.

I invite you to drop in an advert in our section Business partners classifieds in Tanzania so as to better spread the word and get help.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

please bonnie check me in ****

(i) The application for Registration of a Non Governmental Organization shall be accompanied by the following; as per Section 12(2) of the Non Governmental Organizations Act.
a) Copy of Constitution of the Non Governmental Organization (2 bound copies) .
b) Minutes containing full names and signatures of founder members.
c) Personal particulars of office bearers (Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer with 2
photographs).
d) Address and Physical location of the head office of Non Governmental Organization.
e) Application fee.
f) Any other particulars as may be required by the Registrar.

(ii) The application for Certificate of Compliance shall be accompanied by the following;

a) Copy of Constitution of the Non Governmental Organization ( 2 copies)
b) Certificate of incorporation (2 copies)
c) Minutes containing full names and signatures of founder members
d) Personal particulars of office bearers (Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer with 2
photographs).
e) Address and Physical location of the head office of Non Governmental Organization
f) Any other particulars as may be required by the Registrar.
Application for registration of Non Governmental Organization shall be in the prescribed form NGO A form No.1 and the application for Certificate of Compliance shall be in a prescribed form NGO A form No. 3.

for more info ask...***

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
edwardmkwelele wrote:

I AM A TANZANIA WELL EDUCATED ABROAD, I AM COMING HOME IN JUNE BY VERY SCARED TO DEATH AS I DONT KNOW IF I AM GONNA GET A JOB, I TOLD YOU GUYS, CORRUPTION IS A DEADLY DISEASE IN TANZANIA TO GET OT TO DO SOMETHING YOU MUST CORRUPT SOMEBODY, THIS IS VERY BAD, FOR US WE LIVED ABROAD FOR A GOOD NUMBER OF YEARS WE WILL FIND IT VERY HARD TO BRIBE FOR A THING, I HATE THIS THING OF BRIBE IN MY COUNTRY

just have positive perception, I didn't bribe anyone and i got a job

But now it has been reduced i am a consultant mostly dealing with the government, now i don't have to bribe any one as long as the service I'm requesting is legally accepted by the Tanzanian law