Info & advices on taking over or opening a coffee shop

Hello everyone,

My name is Alison and I am planning on settling down in MA. I have been to MA several times and love it each time even more. I've lived in different English speaking countries for the last 7 years and every time I did it on my own. But this time, the idea is to take over or open a coffee shop in one of the following cities and come with an E2 visa.

- Concord

- Plymouth

- Rockport

- Salem

- Gloucester

If you have been to any of these, what did you think of them?

A lot of my friends have warned me about the cost of living in the US and the financial surprises they got once there, do you agree?

Would you have trusted immigration lawyers & brokers to recommend?

Did you find it hard to adapt to the American culture? In business too?

And for last, is there anything you would have liked someone to tell you about before the big move?

Thanks for all of your future help :-)

Hello everyone,
My name is Alison and I am planning on settling down in MA. I have been to MA several times and love it each time even more. I've lived in different English speaking countries for the last 7 years and every time I did it on my own. But this time, the idea is to take over or open a coffee shop in one of the following cities and come with an E2 visa.

- Concord
- Plymouth
- Rockport
- Salem
- Gloucester

If you have been to any of these, what did you think of them?

A lot of my friends have warned me about the cost of living in the US and the financial surprises they got once there, do you agree?

Would you have trusted immigration lawyers & brokers to recommend?

Did you find it hard to adapt to the American culture? In business too?

And for last, is there anything you would have liked someone to tell you about before the big move?

Thanks for all of your future help :-)
-@dof30

There is really no finical surprises in the USA. Most things are straight forward if you are not dealing with scam artists. All the government fees for the E2 visa, or any other visa are straight forward as well.

The only finical surprises you may have is if you end up buying a house, or a building for your cafe, and you end up having to make repairs on it.