Appointments with SEF in Madeira - new information!

Are you fed up trying to get SEF on the phone? We just discovered, thanks to our fiscal agent, that SEF has opened a cubicle at the Loja do Cidadao ( Ave Arriaga) in Funchal  that is solely for the purpose of making appointments.  It's in "bay" 3. We went today and there was no-one in line! The nice lady spoke English and we filled in a form and she said they would take 2- 3 weeks to email us an appointment. We just need to change our address but I'm sure people have other SEF needs. This was a wondeful piece of information! Hope it helps others.

SEF has some service offices in citizen shops (Lojas do Cidadão). Funchal is one of them:

https://www.sef.pt/pt/Pages/direcao-reg … deira.aspx

Had an appointment at 11 in Coinbra yesterday. So did about 100 other people. We were seen about 1130 and processed within an hour. To call this an interview is a bit  deceptive. You called to one of 4 bank teller positions and your paperwork is examined. Barring any problems, picture and fingerprints are recorded and a temporary residence card is issued. It's loud but relatively easy.

@JohnnyPT hi I'm Randolph. On the SEF directory link you shared, should one then interpret a location titled "service desk" one that facilitates the appointments? We are in Coimbra and I see a location designated as a service desk. Thanks

Hi Randolph,

Yes, but it seems to me that they only attend by pre-booking. For what purpose do you want to go to SEF? You can enquire there, they may be able to help you...

We need to book an interview for the collection of biometric information (D7 pathway). Our local embassy advised us that the SEF interview was in Guarda. We attended on the designated day and were told that only one of the interviews were scheduled there. The other was scheduled in Figuera da Foz - same date and time. It was impossible to get to Figuera on the day. So we ckmplete one interview, but now need to reschedule the other. The SEF officials in Guarda were not prepared to assist at all.

We have been calling the call center every day since, at least 40 times and cannot get through.

@Rvs@port,

Then go to the SEF in Coimbra or Figueira da Foz and try to explain your case. They will probably tell you that you have to make a pre-booking appointment.... also try the email for SEF office at Figueira da Foz....

https://www.sef.pt/en/Pages/regional-di … enter.aspx

https://eportugal.gov.pt/en/servicos/ag … eiras-sef-

I've been to two Coimbra SEF appointments, one for me and one for someone else.  The first time, there were people dropping in, but no staff to deal with them, which was causing everyone a bit of stress.  The second time, that desk was staffed, but I don't know how much you can do there, without an appointment.  After the appointments, it took over 3 months to get the cards, and I believe it may be one of the worst offices for that.  If you're sent there, of course you must go, but I don't think I'd choose it.

You can have an account online at sef.pt, wherein there's an option to make an appointment, but in my case only to renew my residency, which isn't a valid matter at this point.

Can someone share its location Loja do Cidadao ( Ave Arriaga) in Funchal  ?? Also please tell that it is still giving appointments at the counter?

Would that also work at the posto do SEF at the loja de cidadao in Faro? Does anyone have any experience there? Its Impossible to even reach anyone at SEF by Phone...