Same sex marriage at UK embassy Manila

Hi alli wonder if someone can clarify the bureaucratic process for marrying my same sex Filipino partner at the British embassy.The part of the process that confuses me is whether I need to obtain a Certificate of Non Impediment(CNI) at my local registry office or not.I've received contradictory advice about this,and would be grateful for some emphatic advice.Is this something that can be sent to me online once I've paid? And what on earth is this “Apostille” signature business? Do I have to pay a lawyer to authenticate the certificate?kind regards Keith

Hi alli wonder if someone can clarify the bureaucratic process for marrying my same sex Filipino partner at the British embassy.The part of the process that confuses me is whether I need to obtain a Certificate of Non Impediment(CNI) at my local registry office or not.I've received contradictory advice about this,and would be grateful for some emphatic advice.Is this something that can be sent to me online once I've paid? And what on earth is this “Apostille” signature business? Do I have to pay a lawyer to authenticate the certificate?kind regards Keith

-@Novemberbabe

Hi Keith,

You and I chatted some 5 years ago and I suggested to get five postings under your belt, you are up to 4 in 5 odd years and then we can private msg. Most here are not really interested in what you and I will discuss on the LGTBQ stuff.

Cheers, Steve.

Most are not interested, but other LGBT readers might well be.

You are correct Fred, even those within a minority group any seem to hit and run, don't see them for years until the next question. Is fickle the right word?

Cheers, Steve.

@bigpearl

Isnt that irrelevant? does it really matter how many postings a person has?….we all have to start somewhere so isnt it a bit petty and antagonistic to troll someone over this? and actually quite childish!

And NO it is NOT a ”minority topic”! the same question applies equally to ALL marriages at the embassy.

listen,if youre not going to be helpful and instead only want to engage in puerile trolling then please dont respond!

@Fred Wrong…this applies  equally to all heterosexuals wanting to marry a filipina.

Read back five odd years sport, suggested you get 5 posts and then I can PM you but now labeling me as a troll? 5 years later? Not sure where that came from but as a gay man and probably the only one on this site, from me to you, sort it out yourself, I did it without asking for help on an expat website.

Good luck as you will need plenty.

Cheers, Steve.

@Fred Wrong…this applies  equally to all heterosexuals wanting to marry a filipina.

-@Novemberbabe

As a grumpy old man, I feel I'm always right.

Same sex marriages have different rules in different countries - Those engaging in them might well want to know the finer social, cultural, and legal issues in any given place.

This is better on the open forum than in PMs.

After all, this is an expat site, not an an expat site that excludes or hides information for some expats.

Apart from the marriage, there may be visa issues and so on to consider. A thread in the open allows all with similar needs to get that information and ask questions.

For the OP and any other reader, and assuming UK hasn't changed since I did it...

Anyone wishing to marry abroad has to get a certificate of no impediment.

I got mine from my local registry office and had it legalised in London. The legalisation office moved but the address is available on Google.

Here we go

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou … UtIGrurwu2

https://www.gov.uk/get-document-legalised

Similar needs Fred? I tried to talk to this guy 5 years ago and nada, then has the gall to call me a troll? After 5 years absent? The popular television series "some mothers do have em" rings a bell with many.

I rest my case and very much enjoy my same sex relationship but marriage was never on the agender as not legal nor recognized here in PH but equality in many countries.

Cheers, Steve.

Similar needs Fred? I tried to talk to this guy 5 years ago and nada, then has the gall to call me a troll? After 5 years absent? The popular television series "some mothers do have em" rings a bell with many.
I rest my case and very much enjoy my same sex relationship but marriage was never on the agender as not legal nor recognized here in PH but equality in many countries.

Cheers, Steve.

-@bigpearl

He does seem a shade argumentative

bigpearl said. . . . Read back five odd years sport, suggested you get 5 posts and then I can PM you but now labeling me as a troll? 5 years later? Not sure where that came from but as a gay man and probably the only one on this site, from me to you, sort it out yourself, I did it without asking for help on an expat website.
Good luck as you will need plenty.

Seems like Novemberbabe after five years has learned nothing. So he asks the same question again and gets the same results again.

As said Bob, some mothers do have em. Also god helps those that help themselves. We will see what happens in 5 years?

Cheers, Steve.

Hello everyone,

I am closing this thread as the OP is no longer on the website.

Regards

Bhavna

[Topic Closed]

Closed