Returning to Riyadh - Info needed

Hi guys,

I am returning to The Kingdom after a couple of sabbatical years charging the western batteries in Europe :D . I hope current residents in Riyadh can provide some info:

1.Current prices for 3 or 4 bedroom villas in some of the most well know compounds: Eid, Cordoba, Arizona, Kingdom. Please state the list price and what is you really paying. Please tell what is included in the rate.

2.Any new compound at that level?

3.Internet services provided by those compounds
a.Type of connection from the compound to the ISP (T1, ADSL, Microwave, Satellite)
b.Is the ISP local or satellite? (non-filtered traffic)
c.Type of connection from the villas to the compound server (modem, ADSL, Ethernet, WiFi)
d.Connection speed (upload/download)
e.Overall satisfaction with the service.
f.Cost

4.TV services offered by those compounds. Any Spanish speaking channel?

5.Back in 2005, Orbit (Satellite TV provider) was offering an Internet service with up/download thru the dish, but it was not very good. Does somebody know if the service is still provided and if the quality improved? Cost?

Thanks

cool

1.Current prices for 3 or 4 bedroom villas in some of the most well know compounds: Eid, Cordoba, Arizona, Kingdom.

SR 100K PER ANNUM AND A MASSIVE WAITING LIST

2.Any new compound at that level?

MANY NEW ONES AROUND IN SIMILAR LOCATIONS

3.Internet services provided by those compounds

YES, OF COURSE

a.Type of connection from the compound to the ISP (T1, ADSL, Microwave, Satellite)

ALL CONNECTIVITY TYPES ARE AVAILABLE, BRAODABAND IS THE BEST
I USE 4mb CONNECTION WHICH SERVES 4 CONCURRENT USERS AT MY HOME WELL

b.Is the ISP local or satellite? (non-filtered traffic)

FILTERED FOR ALL CONNECTIONS EXCEPT SATELLITE

c.Type of connection from the villas to the compound server (modem, ADSL, Ethernet, WiFi)

ALL AVAILABLE

d.Connection speed (upload/download)

MANY SPEEDS AVAIABLE STARTING FROM 256kb UPWARDS

e.Overall satisfaction with the service.

VERY HAPPY WITH THE SERVFICE PROVIDED BY STC. OTHER SERVICE PROVIDERS ARE ALSO AVAILABLE

f.Cost

I AY SR 149 PER MONTH FOR A 4MB ADSL WITH A WIRELESS MODEM THAT CAN BE USED BY FOUR CONCURRENT USERS AT HOME

4.TV services offered by those compounds. Any Spanish speaking channel?

SATELLITE TV GALORE, U CAN GET ANYTHING FROM ANYWHERE AS LONG AS U SUVSCRIBE TO THE RESPECTIVE PROVIDERS. MAY COST AROUND SR 150 PER MONTH

5.Back in 2005, Orbit (Satellite TV provider) was offering an Internet service with up/download thru the dish, but it was not very good. Does somebody know if the service is still provided and if the quality improved? Cost?

YES ITS AVAILABLE BUT DONNO THE COST

Welcome Home....

hope u gona enjoy ur stay here :)

I dont't know about orbit, they still in the market but if improved or no I don't have idea . but regarding the internet connection I have good soulution for you there is new ISP here called GO Atheeb , it offerd 2 Mb Download 512 Kb Upload for 2560 riyal for sixteen months and modem free of charge but it's filltered .

oh man!!!!
musicman how come ya r so informed and the best part ;ya always share it when required

em impressed:P

ahhhh nonz, where i come from its called "sharing" with others what you would expect them to "share" with you. also been here long enough to know how not to have a hard time in Saudi.

lifes been good and i hope it will remain so until the bugle calls me home.

I don't mean to hijack the topic but can someone please tell me what providers are the best for American channels/TV?  I haven't started researching much but guidance/direction would be great!

redgems > could you please start a new discussion ?

redgems, pls see new topic on TV channels