Healthcare in Congo

Hi,

how does the healthcare system work in Congo ? Is it efficient ?

What are the main differences between public and private sectors?

Is it recommended to purchase private health insurance in Congo?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience !

Julien

Hi julien,
Younare better coming here with an insurance. Usually companies already have insurance for their expat (bupa, cigna etc...)
I know two'clinics there who take these insurance netcare cmc medico and clinique guenin there is another clinique louise michel these are the 3 clinics that pretty much all company send their expats to.

I hope this will help you

Hello isaura1 and welcome to Expat.com!

Thank you for contributing :)

Aurélie

You are welcome aurelie!

Healthcare system is inefficient

Julien wrote:

Hi,

how does the healthcare system works in Congo ? Is it efficient ?

What are the main differences between public and private sectors?

Is it recommended to purchase private health insurance in Congo?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience !

Julien

Hi Julien,

As it has already mentioned by isaura1..........one can better come here with health insurance....but there are private insurance companies i know which also covers health insurances........The country really lack in healthcare system but if somebody can come here with basic medicines like for fever,cough,cold,headache,vomiting............etc,will be useful for him/her...and also he will save some money because of high price medicines...........there are good clinics asmentioned by isauara1...............for an expat its better recomended to go for a private clinics like netcare or clinic guinin...............

Regars,
Anil

Hi,

In order to help expats and soon-to-be expats, we would like to invite you to share your experience on this topic, with updated info on the healthcare system.

Thank you in advance,

Julie
Expat.com Team