Loving, Adorable Male Dog - needs a home as we are leaving the Island

5 months ago we rescued a wonderful loving dog,  who was starving and wandering the streets.  He has a fantastic and loving temperament and is great with childrenn.  He goes joggin with us every morning. He is approx 8 months old has been nutered and had all his injections. We are leaving the island to return to the UK and unfortnatley can't take him with us.  if you can give him a loving home please contact me on

He is very cute!! :)

kind regards

Wendy

Hello Wendy.

Welcome to Expat.com!

You should post an advert in the Mauritius classifieds - Pets section. It could help.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Good luck finding a hone for him Wendy, he really is a lovely dog, wish we had room for one more :-(

Wendwoo wrote:

5 months ago we rescued a wonderful loving dog,  who was starving and wandering the streets.  He has a fantastic and loving temperament and is great with childrenn.  He goes joggin with us every morning. He is approx 8 months old has been nutered and had all his injections. We are leaving the island to return to the UK and unfortnatley can't take him with us.  if you can give him a loving home please contact me on

He is very cute!! :)

kind regards

Wendy

Hi Wendy,

Did you know the laws for bringing a dog from Mauritius into the UK have changed - It is so easy to do now.

A rabies injection and then 21 days later they can fly to the UK, and no quarantine on arrival :)

Sadly "Adult" dogs find it very difficult to get a kind loving chain free home - it's mostly puppies who get homes - the dog refuges have many many older dogs unable to find homes.

I know someone whose friends are doing garage sales etc to raise money for her to enable her to take her dog back to SA as she cannot afford it, I believe they are almost there :)

Good luck.

Wow, that's a bit harsh... Well I went to Paws last week end, it looks like the dogs are having fun playing amongst themselves and there are people who take care of them. I don't know how long they can keep them though. :-(

I have four adult dogs...due to my huband's terminal illness I shall have to give them away (if I can)  eventually as I shall be leaving this island when the inevitable occurs.  Sadly there is no way I could take them with me---before people condemn others and possibly myself for not taking our animals back "home" they should understand the circumstances.

s00001 wrote:

Having a terminally ill spouse does NOT give you the right to abandon your kids.

What a stupid and thoughtless comment.
It is simply not possible for many reasons for everybody who owns or rescues dogs/cats to take them abroad.
It could be the age of the animal, health, adaption concerns or even financial.