Frankincense and myrrh

I would like to know does anyone know where i can find frankincense and myrrh at the local spice shops? it is incense resin to burn on coals. thank you in advance :-)

You can find it at any spice dealer, just tell him that you want "Leban Dkaar" :)

*please note that Leban means gum, Dkaar means manly or masculine cause its bitter :)

thank you that is great news :-) i think they dont know the english name.  and it is the two mixed?

Magnum Psyche wrote:

You can find it at any spice dealer, just tell him that you want "Leban Dkaar" :)

*please note that Leban means gum, Dkaar means manly or masculine cause its bitter :)

You are welcome, but am curious to know why you want to buy it !

for ancient egyptian rituals ofcourse! *joke* heheehe

Magnum Psyche wrote:

You are welcome, but am curious to know why you want to buy it !

My Egyptian husband tells me it was traditionally used for coughs and bad chests. Melt one teaspoon in hot water and leave overnight. Drink in the morning. He says it must be good for you because its taste so bitter!

nice.. i like home remedies.. but i want it to burn as incense and in religion the 3 wise kings in christianity brough t this as a gift to jesus for his birth. yes i am a muslim but i was catholic before and it is the same god so i do acknowlege :-) and also i think the ancient egyptians used it for mummifcation purposes.

Ah. Didn't know that. I like to burn it when in London for the same reason - its ancient history and scent in a room. We live on a boat in Hurghada so are careful of naked flames! I'm Scottish married to an Egyptian but haven't converted. Have been reading what Islam contributed to the world of science; the travels of Ibn Battuta. These and other books have given me a much better understanding of Islamic religion and history than I had before.

yes, i also love the smell of burning incense. :-) oh how lucky to live on a boat.lol i have a partial sea view so im satisfied for now but that sounds so nice.

i converted before i got married(am newly div.) but once i came to egypt i really felt god here so it only made it stronger for me. islam has contributed to science and more really. there are things in the qur'an that could not be known 1600 years ago that have only been proven as fact like 25 years ago. its really amazing. you should watch "Islam: empire of faith" its beautiful and tells all about it. can be found on youtube. :-)

LAVALLA wrote:

Ah. Didn't know that. I like to burn it when in London for the same reason - its ancient history and scent in a room. We live on a boat in Hurghada so are careful of naked flames! I'm Scottish married to an Egyptian but haven't converted. Have been reading what Islam contributed to the world of science; the travels of Ibn Battuta. These and other books have given me a much better understanding of Islamic religion and history than I had before.

The spirituality of Egypt overpowered me before I recognised what it was. I first visited friends in Cairo in 1973, 76 and 77. it was in the latter two years that I first knew my present husband. I was in a bad marriage and divorced later. Now I am back in Egypt with my 'real' husband, thankful to have had the second opportunity. I love our little boat and the beauty that surrounds us. Thanks for the tip re YT, I will find it. My husband talks to me and I have a deep faith - which has no name  - but a I'm very comfortable with monotheism. Nice to talk to you.

layla1313 wrote:

nice.. i like home remedies.. but i want it to burn as incense and in religion the 3 wise kings in christianity brough t this as a gift to jesus for his birth. yes i am a muslim but i was catholic before and it is the same god so i do acknowlege :-) and also i think the ancient egyptians used it for mummifcation purposes.

Sound to me very interested that you read in Islam.

I am moslem and I am interested to get know what you read more about Islam

Galal

i love islam its the best :-) allah akbar. too many things and i love the stories and english songs about the prophet mohammed.

happy life wrote:
layla1313 wrote:

Sound to me very interested that you read in Islam.

I am moslem and I am interested to get know what you read more about Islam

Galal