Having babies in Riyadh

Anyone who is familiar with healthcare during pregnancy and/or giving birth in Riyadh?

I am all eyes to this question

just dont drink lot of coffee!

shahab.ali wrote:

:unsure

And if I may add to the question, though I risk making a possible digression, what about the necessary immunization shots that follow soon after the baby's birth and on until they are teenagers. Anyone willing to share their experiences?

Yes. Absolutely it's great idea, but........:/

Got lots of nurses in the blog.  They have very good info, but do some searching on previous posts.  I've been here only 5 months and think I have seen this topic addressed b4.  Good luck.

blue7ind wrote:
shahab.ali wrote:

:unsure

Nice!  Better watch that fingernail polish too.  And don't forget to lay off the booze (if you can find any), not good for the kid.  While you are at it, if you smoke, better lay off that too.  :)

contact me (moderated: no ads please) i can help. i work with families in riyadh

What is your concern?

what are your major concerns?  Mostly doctors are from southeast and egyptians.  Egypt doctors are not that qualified and don't have that good of review here.
But if you go to good hospital you can't get around that..

Hi! I could recommend the Saudi British hospital, we've been going there for prenatal care. We shopped around most private hospitals in Riyadh and this we found to have the best doctors and standards of care!P.S i'm a nurse myself.
Hope this helps!

Do someone know about the hospital Yamamah (naseem) ????
I heard that is good but i dont went there ....

My 2 cents: In KSA, look for a good consultant not a hospital.

Specialized Medical Center Hospital
http://www.smc.com.sa/main/

Great hospital with good well qualified doctors.
My wife had our second daughter at this hospital and we both are very well satisfied.
Pediatric section is great.
And husbands are allowed in the delivery room during the delivery  .

i advise you to get a good hospital, not sure in Riyadh. If you have a normal delivery it should be OK, if not then you should look for a special care facility. Try National Guard, they do have excellent facilities. Immunization schedules are now compulsory in KSA for infants and children as per government regulation and should be provided freed of charge. make sure you arrange with a vaccination clinic for the 2, 4, 6, 12 and 18 month vaccines.
you should expect BCG vaccine and HepB at birth. then u will have to do the IPV, DTP Hib, HepB and PCV at 2 months. I advise you to get the 5 - in - 1 vaccine so as to prevent too much injection and pain to the baby. remember to keep the hospital birth notice, with translation. do not forget and let me repeat do not forget that the birth date should be in Gregorian and not Hijri. You will need this for the ministry registration of births.