- New member
- From: Turin
- Registered: 2011-12-22
- Posts: 4
Moving to Curitiba (or Sorocaba)
My company has offered me a good position as an expat in Brasil, so I am in the process of evaluating the opportunity to move with wife and two little kids (22monts and 4months)
Professionally the idea is a no brainer…
Personally.. we are excited, but as always there are a few worries.
I would appreciate if you can share info, point of views, anything that could help us taking a final decision---
At the moment, these are the most important questions I have
- Would you recommend living in Curitiba over Sorocaba? (I have the option to choose between the two). I have the impression that Curitiba would be better…
- What are the safest / nicest neigh boroughs in Curitiba?
- Can you provide names/websites of a couple of estate agents in Curitiba (the company should support me in finding a solution, but I would like to understand what kind of budget I should negotiate, as I am moving with the whole family..)
- Wife work: my wife is a dentist. She has a University degree + a specialization in Ortodontix. Would you be so kind to ask your sister (that I understood lives and work in Curitiba) if in due time (so after she gets properly settled in Brasil, considering the language and the 2 young kids we are bringing over)
- Kids care: would it be expensive / feasible to hire a kid carer (baba’?) to support my wife. what is the average cost we can expect for a full day service?
Of course if you and or your sister have any sort of additional advice for us.. we would really appreciate it
Thanks for now and happy new year to you and bellowed.