Shopping in Salalah

Hello dear members,

I guess this could be an interesting topic. I invite all members in Salalah (both locals & expats) to share their daily/weekly/monthly experience about shopping. You may also include some shopping tips/suggestions!

So can you please share with us:

>Where do you usually go for shopping?
(Shopping for basic products like Food, Vegetables, Meat)

>What are your favorite shopping malls/complex or boutique?
(Where you usually go to relax or to buy your clothing stuffs, shoes and other shopping related products!)

Awaiting for your contribution ;)

Best Regards

i am really starting to wonder what is it about Salalahites?? no body ever responds to anything about Salalah!

hmm..shopping is limited = KMT in city center area near the beautiful grand mosque. New LULU near hamdan. i go to these only. Isteqrar hypermarket is also there, but never been thr, mobility issues u c.

Hi Dr Sumit!

These questions are to help future expats :)

Thanks for sharing these infos!

Regards
Armand

but I would love if present expats too write in..i too was a "future expat" just 2 weeks back! :)

This question is probably a lot easier to answer since the new Lulu hypermarket opened! It is very popular with expats, since it has a wide variety of products that were not easily found before - especially expat comfort foods like cheese, smoked salmon, gourmet ice cream and more, under one roof.
We do like to support small local businesses, though. Secret Salalah lists a growing collection of secretsalalah.com/search/label/Shopping]Salalah shopping options, including smaller and hidden-away stores. Our listings also link to an interactive map.
Hope it helps, and let us know if you find a new gems you want to list!

Hmm..depends on wot u looking to buy coz u get good deals on a lot of things..outside LULU !!
Check out Rameez - Ittin road...they have reorganized themselves (finally!!) and you will find most things you need to setup ur house..at economical rates....

Daizo - at Al Muntaza street , where you find everything at 700 biaza - good place to go fr party shopping (decorations etc) and kitchen organising stuff ( Cant ever have enough of those !! Lol! )

For fresh vegetables, we visit the central veg market - city center , as they have fresh produce come in everyday..however Lulu is good enough for that too..

Fr clothes - Max or Centerpoint.. Sale time :)

Fr good deals on shoes  - Khamis on Al Salaam street, can also check in Lulu and KMT as they seem to be having year-long discounts on shoes..

For Indian spices / festival accesories - Haridas Nensey @ Al Muntaza st.

Perfumes / Cosmetics - Capital Stores - Raid them when they have their annual sale , definitely good bargains..

Salalah still lacks a Home Center :( Hoping it opens soon here...till then you have to be content with what Centerpoint has to offer..

If you are looking for something in particular..post it here..Im sure someone can help you with that...

Hai Dr. Deepti

Informative..... Thanks

dr.deepti wrote:

Hmm..depends on wot u looking to buy coz u get good deals on a lot of things..outside LULU !!
Check out Rameez - Ittin road...they have reorganized themselves (finally!!) and you will find most things you need to setup ur house..at economical rates....

Daizo - at Al Muntaza street , where you find everything at 700 biaza - good place to go fr party shopping (decorations etc) and kitchen organising stuff ( Cant ever have enough of those !! Lol! )

For fresh vegetables, we visit the central veg market - city center , as they have fresh produce come in everyday..however Lulu is good enough for that too..

Fr clothes - Max or Centerpoint.. Sale time :)

Fr good deals on shoes  - Khamis on Al Salaam street, can also check in Lulu and KMT as they seem to be having year-long discounts on shoes..

For Indian spices / festival accesories - Haridas Nensey @ Al Muntaza st.

Perfumes / Cosmetics - Capital Stores - Raid them when they have their annual sale , definitely good bargains..

Salalah still lacks a Home Center :( Hoping it opens soon here...till then you have to be content with what Centerpoint has to offer..

If you are looking for something in particular..post it here..Im sure someone can help you with that...

Haha..Ur welcome...staying here fr 7 months... Know my way around.. :)