Does Mobily work in Bahrain?

I have a Mobily phone that does not work in Bahrain.  I cannot receive calls or dial calls to KSA.  I'm not sure why. I've tried dialing the country code but that didn't work either.  Any suggestions?  Thanks

Hello livibeans, your thread has been moved to Bahrain forum for better visibility.

Harmonie.:)

Just select the Batelco network manually from network selection in your cell phone. You shoud have enough balance to receive and dial calls because the roaming rates will be charged. :)

If I have Mobily originally registered in KSA and I travel to Bahrain will I be able to use viber or any other messaging platform? Is wifi limited in Bahrain. can i send SMS to the USA without wifi somehow. i need help to understand how this works. also do i need to pay for making calls to the US or sending a msg through viber. what should i do? is it possibl to go places where wifi is not available in Bahrain?? Help please

costacafe42 wrote:

If I have Mobily originally registered in KSA and I travel to Bahrain will I be able to use viber or any other messaging platform? Is wifi limited in Bahrain. can i send SMS to the USA without wifi somehow. i need help to understand how this works. also do i need to pay for making calls to the US or sending a msg through viber. what should i do? is it possibl to go places where wifi is not available in Bahrain?? Help please

I will try to answer your questions in the order they appear in your post. You can use your phone here but you will have to pay very high roaming rates. Probably better for you to get a local sim card, especially if you wish to use viber, skype and similar services.

I do not understand your question about wifi. Wifi is/are private networks set up by people and businesses. You can use wifi only if you are permitted access by the wifi owner.

SMS does not use the wifi, but the normal telecom lines. There are apps like Whatsapp that will work on wifi.

To use viber and similar here, you will have to pay roaming rates if you use your Saudi mobile.

Yes it is possible to go to places without wifi in Bahrain.

Small note: its better if you start a new topic since this thread is quite old.

i posted on a new thread. thanks for the details but i clarified more in the new thread.