Using WhatsApp in Bahrain on a KSA phone

Any Bahrain experts out here? I posted earlier on an old thread but I will try to clarify here. I was trying to contact someone who lives in KSA who i regularly talk to through whatsapp. they have mobily. they also go to Bahrain and we have contact there too. one day they went to bahrain and we were in contact while that person was in bahrain. out of nowhere they were not in contact and a day later they claimed that they lost wifi completely and couldnt find wifi anywhere. is this possible? can finding wifi in bahrain really be impossible at times? i am not familiar how things of this nature work in bahrain. even if roaming is expensive, can getting wifi be THAT difficult. details and information are much appreciated. thx~!

There is Wifi facility everywhere in bahrain. At least the shipping malls offers free wifi facility.

Please read the shipping malls as shopping malls.

There is Wifi facility everywhere in bahrain. At least the shopping malls offers free wifi facility.

Wifi is easy to find. Most cafes offer free wifi. But of course you need to go to a cafe for that. Maybe your friend was busy doing other things?

try a simple sms rather than whatsapp