Cost of living in the Lesotho

Hi everybody,

It would be very useful to talk about the cost of living in the Lesotho.

Don't forget to mention where in the Lesotho you are living.

How much does it cost to live in the Lesotho?

> accommodation prices

> public transportation fares (tube, bus etc ...)

> food prices(per month, how much does it cost you?)

> health prices (for those who need medical insurance)

> eduction prices (if you need to pay)

> energy prices (oil, electricity)

> common bills (Internet, television, telephone, mobile phone)

> prices of a good menu in a traditional restaurant

> prices of a beer and or a coffee in a regular pub

> price of the cinema

Do not hesitate to add items to this list!

Thanks in advance for your participation!!

Hi

I am a Lesotho Citizin and live in Lesotho; in my early thirties.I was born in Maseru and I am currently working in the same place.

Cost of Living
Life in this country is very cheap in general. However I lack comparison since I have'nt travelled a lot. For comparison purposes; South Africa still holds most of our Economic Characteristics since our survival depends generally upon the Economic Fluctuations of SA. In a nut-shell; Our Loti (currency) is paged into the South African Rand. Therefore there is an equality of measure in as far as the Rand fluctuations towards the major currencies is concerned. We depend basically on the imports from the SA in most of the needs.

A simple Loaf of Bread would cost one a R7.00 in a town shop. that would be in a freshly baked Shoprite while the other parts of the country would provide the not-so-fresh loaf with almost a R2.00 extra. Chicken is one of the cheapest meats at R38.00 for 2KG in a village shop.

Travelling around the country is easier by Taxis if one does not own a car of his/hers. and for that matter; it could be one of the most effective way through which one could get to know people around. Thus it can be wise to pack it away once and get into a Taxi. The lowest rate is R3.50 in a Mini bus Taxi for the distance not exceeding 7 kilometers.

Time is not on my side.