Where to go for a drink in Dohuk

So, where's a decent place to have a beer in Dohuk? Was at Hotel Rasan last weekend, but they were quite unfriendly... the woman "working the floor" wanted to charge me 50 K for 3 Heineken, and put up a big fuss when I refused to pay it! I quickly put an end to that place!  I hear the Sheraton has a sports bar... I'm sure it's nice but a bit pricey? Anyone know of other places?

Hi Billy, sorry to hear that someone is trying to charge you more than original price, it should not have happened. There are around 20 to 30 bars and duhok
prices vary from place to place, but I advise you either to Jiyan or Dilshad hotel, where costs pilsen 5,000Id it is ca.4 $ and it is nice atmosphere and everyone is equal there and almost nobody cares if you are from the west or east .

Otherwise, you can buy drinks outside in senterum and it's the cheapest of course it costs pilsen from 1000 to 3000 id id it varies from brand.

Thanks Diori! I'll be sure to head to this places this weekend, the Dilshad is not far from where I live.

the best places are Assyrian club - near ICRC office opposite to Eiffel cafe - beer is between 2500 and 4000, good food too - if you want fries, ask for "fingers" haha
and Doctor's club - just above dilshad - beers around 3000 and nice mezze salad bar for 5000 a plate

sheraton is ok, but yes, quite expensive, they have happy hours though and when quiz nights are organized usually we get some discount

in Nohadra street the infamous Efes bar is also an option - but the atmosphere is quite manly :)

Thanks! I'll give the Assyrian place a try tonight, or this weekend, very close to where I live.

As Verojema said Doctor's club - just above dilshad is one of the best and they have really nice salad and good service. the prices are reasonable. but be aware of that they will charge you for each plate of the salad so make the plate full ;) the Assyrian club is also nice but the service is not good as Doctor's Club. Sometimes you have to efford to attract attention of the staff.

Great, thanks again. And the Dilshad... is that the Dilshad Palace hotel you're referring to? Or is there another Dilshad? Thanks.

Dilshad Palace Hotel