Airport to Placencia

Hello everyone!  What is the best way to get from the airport in Belize City to Placencia??  We really don`t want to rent a car just for that.  Are there shuttles, or just city buses or is it better to take a taxi?  Also prices, if you know them!  Thanks,  Monica

We've both rented a car-and then used it for our entire trip and returned it to the airport when we left- and used the local airline(forgot the name)....it flies out of the same airport, and flies to the airport just north of Placencia.  I don't know of any other connection available.

Wow, thank you sailcrazy!  So no buses??  Hummm.  How far (in hours) does it take from the airport?  And do you remember the cost of the car?  Thanks!

I';ve rented multiple times from the AQ rental, I would check out there website.  I usually rent a small SUV and drive down to the Toledo district.

I usually contact Lucio L. Landero with my travel dates and times and he sends me a quote via email

http://aqbelizecarrental.com/

Both Maya Air and Tropic Air fly into Placencia airport. (small airfield at the north end of the pensisula)

https://www.tropicair.comwww.mayaislandair.com

dqtester

Drive time from airport to Placencia about 4 hours presuming you don't make too many stops en Route I have always had my best rental experiences in Belize with Crystal, if you book on line there is a discount and they have the car ready and waiting for you, they also loan you a local phone you just put minutes on it and they loan you a cool box very useful. Depending on vehicle and length of rental average works out about $70US per day.
Forgot to mention yes there are busses but they don't actually leave from the airport, but from the highway at the end of the mile drive, then you can get a bus to  Belize city Bus station and change for a bus to Either Belmopan and a third bus to Placencia or some (not Many) busses go from there you still go through Belmopan. Bus times if all connect well allow at least 6 hours if not 8, but it is  very CHEAP less than $10 per person and you would get a good introduction to real Belize life.

FWIW, We also rented from Crystal and had very good service(car was waiting for us, clean, etc-no delays).  As I remember, the daily rate was about US$45/day, but that was a couple of years ago. But gas is expensive in Belize! I think the airfare is about US$100-$120/person, and they stop flying at about 1700(5:00pm)....its a daylight only operation as there were no landing lights at Placencia.  But again, that was a couple of years ago.

10 years ago we flew from Belize City to Placencia. It was a fun flight. I was even the co-pilot. :)

this January we are renting a car for the week. Saying 1 night at the Zoo Lodge and 3 nights in Placencia