Resignation

Assalam Alaikum

Friends I just want to know what are the process of resigning here in KSA?

I am 1 year and 2 months here in my current employer and my contract is 2 years but I don't like to work here anymore.
And secondly Im not happy with my job because this is not the job what I applied for.

Somebody told me that I need to pay some money to my employer.

Thanks in Advance.

Look at your contract to see what it says about terminating employment.

Racso123 wrote:

Assalam Alaikum

Friends I just want to know what are the process of resigning here in KSA?

I am 1 year and 2 months here in my current employer and my contract is 2 years but I don't like to work here anymore.
And secondly Im not happy with my job because this is not the job what I applied for.

Somebody told me that I need to pay some money to my employer.

Thanks in Advance.

The normal process of resignation is that you discuss this with your line manager first and then officially submit to him written resignation. they will accept / reject the resignation, if they accept you have 30 days notice to give them and then you leave on exit / change of sponsorship. As for paying something to them you need to check your HR policy manual / contract / offer. If its specified that you pay for the travel / visa expenses then you might have to, but check since you completed 1 yr you may not have to also.

If they reject the resignation, then you need to wait till the contract period finishes and not renew the contract further and leave on final exit. Normally intelligent employers wont wait that long.

Thanks for all the responses and help...

May God/Allah will bless us always...

good day to everyone

i need some advice,i am working here in riyadh as a machine operator and i already finish my contract last dec 31,2012..i try to apply a resignation on that month but my supervisor told me not to resign because i will be given salary increase,I told him ok i will not resign if they give me an increase but 2 months passed and still no increase,so i tell him i will resign,but unfortunately my plant manager get angry to me and he didn't gave my salary for 1 month and said i will received my money when i exit,so i write a resignation letter but they rejected it and say that i need to finish again my new contract but i said i never sign another contract to them..and now i felt like i am being harrash in my work mentally because i really want to resign to my job.  so please can anyone help me..

thank you

jonasnazareno wrote:

good day to everyone

i need some advice,i am working here in riyadh as a machine operator and i already finish my contract last dec 31,2012..i try to apply a resignation on that month but my supervisor told me not to resign because i will be given salary increase,I told him ok i will not resign if they give me an increase but 2 months passed and still no increase,so i tell him i will resign,but unfortunately my plant manager get angry to me and he didn't gave my salary for 1 month and said i will received my money when i exit,so i write a resignation letter but they rejected it and say that i need to finish again my new contract but i said i never sign another contract to them..and now i felt like i am being harrash in my work mentally because i really want to resign to my job.  so please can anyone help me..

thank you

Has there been an official communication between you and your manager at the time of ending of the contract that you wish to resign or was this all verbal.

If it all had been verbal then the contract has automatically since renewed since no parties explicitly raised any objections.

Now if you decide to go down this path, you might end up without a job. What you can do is resign officially by sending a letter and saying that you are giving them 30 days notice as per contract. They cannot stop you from leaving, but what they can do is give you final exit.

i already gave them a resignation letter and given them one month before my date of resignation by they don't accept it and said i need to finish again my contract,what i really want is to have a final exit get my salary and go home.

thank you for your advice

jonasnazareno wrote:

thank you for your advice

You are welcome. If what you need is final exit, put in resignation with one month notice and after one month stop going to work. They will have to give you final exit.

Better yet - give resignation letter to your plant manager and tell him this is your notice for one month and that you will not come for work after its finished and ask him to give you final exit.

i already gave my resignation to my plant manager and he is the one who rejected it and says i need to finish again my new contract,right now they change the rule regarding our vacation after finishing 2 years contrat we can only have one month vacation,but as per as our contract it is written that it is 90 days,do you think this is right?thank you again for your reply

jonasnazareno wrote:

i already gave my resignation to my plant manager and he is the one who rejected it and says i need to finish again my new contract,right now they change the rule regarding our vacation after finishing 2 years contrat we can only have one month vacation,but as per as our contract it is written that it is 90 days,do you think this is right?thank you again for your reply

He cannot dictate terms, then again i might need to review the contract in full to see what clauses they have inserted there. In any case even if your contract is renewed , tell him as per law you can resign any time after giving one month notice. There is no compulsion that you "have to finish" your contract period.

As for vacation this I believe is popular practise for labor category, and its wrong. Your options are simple, give one month notice, ask for final exit and tell plant manager that you will come for one month more after the resignation date and then you wont come for job.

you can submit 1 month resignation notice and u can leave the kingdom on FINAL EXIT.

you can discuss with ur admin and make the necessary arrangements to go. no need to pay any.

close your bank accounts/ pay the elctricity bills/ rent for homes if any

Its a good detailed advice

usually it is like this:

One month advanced noticed and if your company is good they will release you to the new employer

masee5 wrote:

One month advanced noticed and if your company is good they will release you to the new employer

Those are the magic words, right?  So what happens when thisis not the case?

any saudi arabian pharmacist available in this expats blog to share his working experiences with me??????????

Hi Jonas,

If your contract is soon to end or has been ended, you have the right tender your 1 month notice as per SLL and your employer can give you final exit.

But as you mentioned in your statement that you decided to wait the salary increment (2months)as promised to you by your manager, and later on they told you that you have to finish your "new contract" without signing any documents mutually agreed by you and your employer.

It seems to me that your IQAMA has been renewed that makes your contract automatically renewed.

However, you still have the right to leave, if they still insist, the best thing to do is to go the nearest LABOUR OFFICE and seek help from them regarding your case.

Sure! they will help you out on this.

Dear Friends

Please I need a help

I am working in this company for about 9 years and I submit my resignation one month ago, but my line manager refused to sign my resignation letter. I sent it trough email cc our HR and other managers. but they are negotiating that i will stay but my decision is final.

Please advise

1. Is it acceptable in saudi law that one month notice through email and do i have the right to insist my resignation?
2. Some concern friends advice me that instead of final exit visa they will issue re-entry visa? do i have the rights to refuse and ask final exit visa?

thank you

Brent0987654321 wrote:

Dear Friends

Please I need a help

I am working in this company for about 9 years and I submit my resignation one month ago, but my line manager refused to sign my resignation letter. I sent it trough email cc our HR and other managers. but they are negotiating that i will stay but my decision is final.

Please advise

1. Is it acceptable in saudi law that one month notice through email and do i have the right to insist my resignation?
2. Some concern friends advice me that instead of final exit visa they will issue re-entry visa? do i have the rights to refuse and ask final exit visa?

thank you

Your employer can delay this in one case only - by saying you continue until you finish your contract period or until expiry of iqama which ever comes first. The issue of notice period is linked with contract, you can give one month notice before expiry of contract and ask not to be renewed, You can do the same with iqama as well, and ask not to be renewed and in both cases you can ask for final exit visa.

You have done a good thing by sending it via email cc HR so that it stayed as record and this can be used in future if matters go to court.

My advice is always to try to settle amicably between the employer and employee, after all they cannot force you to work or be productive and if they refuse your final exit request you can approach the labor court provided your contract / iqama expiry is near. As for reentry visa, do not take it unless you are not planning to come to KSA again.

Thank you for your information if I will go to the court incase they will not give me the final exit.
How long it will take??and is it costly?
Thanks

Brent0987654321 wrote:

Thank you for your information if I will go to the court incase they will not give me the final exit.
How long it will take??and is it costly?
Thanks

Try to not go to court and settle with your employer and if you have to go , it will cost a lawyers fees and time and not to mention not the easy part of dealing with your employer if he decides to "prolong" your stay purposefully even after the court ruling.

Dear sir

Thank you for the information but one thing I would like to ask you for how long the duration in a noncompete contract according to saudi law because as I read i know it will only be 2 years but I in my contract is 3 years more than the saudi labour law..
Do you think the contract is void because it did not follow the saudi labour law because I read one article that IF MORE THAN 2YEARS THE CONTRACT IS VOID.
thank you

Brent0987654321 wrote:

Dear sir

Thank you for the information but one thing I would like to ask you for how long the duration in a noncompete contract according to saudi law because as I read i know it will only be 2 years but I in my contract is 3 years more than the saudi labour law..
Do you think the contract is void because it did not follow the saudi labour law because I read one article that IF MORE THAN 2YEARS THE CONTRACT IS VOID.
thank you

Are you asking about the non-competitive clause, then below is the ruling in labor law:

Article (83):
If the work assigned to the worker allows him to get acquainted with the
employer's customers, or to have access to his business secrets, the employer
may require the worker in the contract not to compete with him or reveal his
secrets upon expiration of the contract. For this condition to be valid, it shall
be in writing and specific in terms of time, place and type of work and to the
extent required to protect the legitimate interests of the employer. In all
cases, the duration of such agreement shall not exceed two years from the
date of termination of the relationship between the two parties.

So it cannot exceed two years for non-competitve clauses.

Dear sir,

I need help and advise pls.. 😞

Im a staff nurse in a private clinic working here in riyadh. Ive been working 3 yrs and 5 months now. This is my 2nd contract and we have an agreement with the manager before that i only want "one year contract" he said sign 2 years contract and after 1 year you can leave/exit.. He also said that there is no oneyear contract. So i Signed. 😰😰😰 Basically i finish that 1 year and decide to pass my resignation last April2015. May2015, and june 2015. I passed every month before i even talk to the saudi owner and he said june you can go home. But the manager send me as a private nurse for 2 month i accept again because he said the owner refused to have my exit if i accept it i will go home. Again i accept the job. After 2 months i returned here in riyadh and ask again to work for another month while they fix my papers. I finish again that one month and decided to stop from work. Ive been waiting in the house for 30days now. And they send a letter to my collegue asking me to go back again until they find a replacement and my insisting that my contract is not finish. Ive been waiting for my exit for 5 months now. And my reason for my resignation is delayed salary every 3months and they will only give one month. My question is how can i resign. Can i stop to work. What is the best thing to do. ? Thank you.

roanneserenity wrote:

Dear sir,

I need help and advise pls.. 😞

Im a staff nurse in a private clinic working here in riyadh. Ive been working 3 yrs and 5 months now. This is my 2nd contract and we have an agreement with the manager before that i only want "one year contract" he said sign 2 years contract and after 1 year you can leave/exit.. He also said that there is no oneyear contract. So i Signed. 😰😰😰 Basically i finish that 1 year and decide to pass my resignation last April2015. May2015, and june 2015. I passed every month before i even talk to the saudi owner and he said june you can go home. But the manager send me as a private nurse for 2 month i accept again because he said the owner refused to have my exit if i accept it i will go home. Again i accept the job. After 2 months i returned here in riyadh and ask again to work for another month while they fix my papers. I finish again that one month and decided to stop from work. Ive been waiting in the house for 30days now. And they send a letter to my collegue asking me to go back again until they find a replacement and my insisting that my contract is not finish. Ive been waiting for my exit for 5 months now. And my reason for my resignation is delayed salary every 3months and they will only give one month. My question is how can i resign. Can i stop to work. What is the best thing to do. ? Thank you.

The contract duration is fixed to the term / time mentioned in it. Some mention a year and some two. So in your contract if its mentioned as two years then the period is 2. Do you have a copy of this contract with you ? How do you know that you have finished your term. Have you notified officially in writing to your employer your intend in not renewing the contract and asked for a final exit.  You need to give answers to the above to make sure you have done your part and then still your employer is refusing to leave. Are you being paid during this time , if so do you have a payslip ? All these minor things are important. You can get good help and counsel from your embassy and they can guide you better.

i remember before it was clearly written 2 years... and my agreement with the manager is only verbal... i realise that ive been tricked through his words during that time.. because im a newbie.. and its my first time to renew my contract before in riyadh.. i did not realise that the final decission would still rely on the saudi owner.. 😓😓😓 i dont have a copy of my contract because they dont give.. we ask that before but they always said it was not signed by the owner until we got tired and dont ask anymore..  i came here in riyadh signed contrct may 13, 2012.. i renew my contract maybe February 2014.. 3months before my 1st contract end MAY 2014... i renew because the situation before is okay... my 3rd year in the company is May 13, 2015.,, i pass a resignation 2-3 months before that month.. i also talk to saudi owner he said that i will go home.. but not give specific day when to leave etc... now i recieve a formal letter from the management. and thet say go back to work and wait for new replacement then you can leave.. the saudi owner doesnt answer any calls and thier office is on Malaz.. he dont go in our clinic.. so since i dont have any choice i go back again to work.. i want to go home.. and i think they will insist to finish that contract..  till May 2016.. i know its only 6 months left... but i cant stay anymore... what do you think the best thing to do? thank you so much for your help...

Hello .. can you drop an email to properly advise you on what to do.

I would like to ask that, i am working in Saudi Arabia city of Dammam Jubail as IT Technician. I have been working here for 7 months and i don't like to work here anymore and i have planned to give the termination of contract letter which is mentioned in my contract should be given with a time period of 6 months. My question is, if i give the termination letter will there any problem occurs from my kafeel to pay him or rejection of the termination letter. Please guide me on this and if there any possibility to go back to my country please let me know, Thank you....

If you have already passed the probationary period, you need to notify your sponsor / company in writing that you are resigning and does not wish to continue. In this case based on their acceptance, all the terms of contract will be applied.  If under a limited term contract and under the visa of this sponsor , you will end up paying them the penalty as well as all the visa and travel expenses the company paid for you.

And also sir my Iqama is expiring on august and my insurance expiring in june so can i say him not to renew it as well? So the travel expense means the Visa right? Because, for the ticket i paid on my own money and may i know the cost of Labor visa in saudi well i have to pay? Please let me know as soon as possible, Kindly waiting for the reply...

Yes you can ask them not to renew, but if you are resigning and asking to leave the country they will not renew both. You will need to pay back for whatever the company paid for you - visa , any other expenses, penalty for breaking contract early - if they decide etc.

Hi Dear Mr steve, I  am rizwan working in saudi arabia riyadh i need your suggestion about the resignation .
last year i join the company they give me only job offer for one year but they didnt give me contract one is start 01 december 2015 to 01 december 2016 now i need quit the company but they didnt give me transfer also i put my resign almost 2 month ago my line manager approved my resign CEO also approved but HR make problem for me he said continue or go final exit visa is mine i just transfer in this company. according to job offer i will complete my contract..

Hello friends can someone help me when I have to give resignation and exit notice to employer my contract going to complete on 3rd Oct 2017

Good day everyone,  can I ask about my situation.  I want to resign with my current employer and I almost stay here for 1 year and 3 months. If I do that is there's a finalty should I need to pay for my employer.  Thank you guys.

We have  share the same problem. I have been thinking about my resignation too. But my iqama will expire September 4. I'm just waiting for my 3,000 stupid cut salary to finish then I will rage war against my employer. I have been working for her for 4 years now. And I'd be damned if I stay another more year.

For information; every contract has termination clause mentioned in it. Generally it's 1-3 months notice period which should be given in advance.

Every contract can have different clauses and conditions. To get clarifications and help, your embassies are your best advisors and helpers to resolve such issues. In case of violations of contract or in some cases human rights; they have proper mechanism how to deal and have contacts with relative authorities as well.

This issue has been discussed in several threads in this forum, please do a general search and get an idea and then ask specific questions so that some of us can assist.  As skhurram007 said it would depend on the exit clause in the contract.

Hi Sir,
I have already given them almost 3 months notice about my willingness just finishing my  1  year next 11 February 2018...
Is it possible not to go for work anymore at my stated last date which will be 27th of February 2018? Even though they will not have my replacement?
Thanks,,,

dear check ur signed contract with present company. if contract completed no issues . else u need to wait in ur home country untul ur iqama expires and no ban on u by govrnmt as neew rules arrived

What if there is no statement about termination of contract in my signed contract? How can I proceed if I want to early terminate my contract?