If anybody need, i can share information about Odessa.

Hey,

I have been in Odessa now for 6 months.  I have to leave every 3 months.  Me and my girl are going to maldova, will we get any problems coming back into the country.  If anyone can help with info that would be great.

I did the same but the customs told me another story. but you are British so even with out a leagal paper you will not realy have problem just explane the situation to the militi if they ask you for papers. But beter is that you simpel say they are at home with your friends. and this will be end of story.

For example beach
With ore without mosquito's
Wit wind without wind
With sand without sand
With much people with not much people.
With trees without trees
With barbeque on the beach with out on the beach
At night discothèque big/small
Young people/ old people/ young children
Exotic /nature ore modern looking beach
Small or large beach
Easy to go to the beach not easy to reach the beach and why
Near bus not near busses
Nice for children and why
Expensive not expensive

Pya wrote:

I live 4 years in Odessa and I think I know and can show how to get to the cheapest places to buy food and good restaurants for a good price. Different beaches for different occasions. Rayon by rayon what is special to see. In and out Odessa. Why it will be interesting. Where it will be safe at what time at night. How to choose a provider. How to get in contact and where with your country home for and how to read it in Russian. Where to drink Vodka and where there are yam sessions at night. Where is the best quality food? What to do when you are sick. Etc.
Oleggy and vitalium the quality in the Ukraine is also very good, only you must know where to go. And how to look for it. Naturally Ukraine has a very low standard. But not at home. So only you have to find the home made professionals and trade with good low cost products. And locations where young educated, so open minded young people go.

I am not looking for confrontation! So just ask me a need and I will give you the best Odessa answer by how to go there, why, compare, ask me a question by time of the day. And I will answer you both. In price quality and choice of occasion.

Pya

oleggy wrote:

Well, the problem with Odessa and Crimea is that comparing them to Turkey and Bulgaria is misleading. Turkey has a very developed and established tourism industry, where quality and prices are  best in Europe in that class (middle income category) Bulgaria is not as developed but is still nice and prices are still low by European standards. Odessa on the other hand seems to be following a different model. On one hand places like Arkadia (a well known beach/ resort area) cater to well off Russians and prices there are high. Yet the rest of the city just does not have the tourism infransracture needed to place it among the leading holliday destinations. The public bathrooms are dirty, beaches are full of litter, getting around (in small minibusses) is a nightmare, the city itself is crambling (facades have not been repared in years).

Yet Crimea, mainly Yalta is another story alltogether. It is so expensive that even rich people find local prices on par with French Reviera and Mideteranean (Spain). The quality - I doubt many waiters speak english or that getting around is any easier. It is a small city though and therefore it is cleaner. Bluntly put the people in former Soviet Union just don't have the history of quality customer service including the history of satisfactory service to tourists and foreighners.

vitalium wrote:

If compare rest and travel in other countries, what do you think, the rest in Ukrain is it more cheaper or expensive than other countries ?
Not one time I heard that rest in Crimea (South Ukraine) more expensive than for example Turkish or Bulgaria.

Thank you  Pya, we are going to get married, do you know any way we could extend a visa without leavig the country.  Thanking you for your help mate, where are you from.

Hi Vitalium, what type of long term visa do you have? I am a US citizen and I would want to stay more then 90 days.

Thanks

David

Yes simple go to the Avir in your rayon and explain the situation. She or he will have an answer to this question. But never never never signature a document before sending this to your embassy, Never never do this. never do his Turls80 never do this. If you signature a document that you are situation of the Ukraine than they can do with you what they want without help from the embassy and than simple you will be total total alone in a country where you don't understand anything what they say about you, don't understand what they write and they don't need to give you a translator any more in a justice case or whatever. You will have the same legal right as every Ukrainian citizen, and that is sero whit the militia. And you will stand alone because they don't need you to have contact with nobody from out of the Ukraine or talk in an other language to your friends or family. Even if they come, they can do nothing for you. So never signature a document.

Further Ukraine is a free country, and you can easily find a way to be off help to build up the country, by mentality and contacts.

About children. If you have not decided before which nationality you will give them and decided this before on paper how strange it may sound. You will have a total other live than before. If you choose for that first ask much advice to people who are and have been in the same situation as you now. But it must be from good and not good situation so you will know both side of the medal.

And do everything that the child will be born in your country so it will be good for your wife and your child.

Other option doesn't exist if you do not like to cable with the live of yourself and your family. Only if you can look in the future. But I don't think you have that kind of skills.

Further vitalium  can be of great help in finding the locations and explain the work of the bureau.

Second yes you can extend your visa. This is a story of insurants what you must pay. This you do at the post office. But the documents you can get at the ul. Bunin, 37 just go in to a small alley near the right, the first door on the left. Near tavria center

Vitalium, what would Odessa be like for a first time American visiting there? Would it be completely overwhelming? If I'm only going to be there for 4 or 5 days what places are a "Must-see"? Thanks for the help

Hi there Vitalium,

Your help here is incredible, I must say. Since so many questions have already been flung your way, I'll keep my query short.

First, I'm thinking of moving to Odessa next year, but have still two main concerns.

I teach online, so a reliable internet connection is imperative to me.

The first issue concerns power outages. When I was last in Odessa, must have been around 2 years ago, power would have gone out about twice a day. Does it still happen? Does it affect the Internet?

Second, how fast is the fastest Internet connection? Is fibre optic broadband available?

Thank you in advance

hi,
I'm Sharon from Shelton, Ct. USA My husband Sam and will be staying in Odessa in 2017. I want to retire over in the
Ukraine, near the Black Sea. My husband and I both garden so we both appreciate the fertile soil. Do you have
public broadcasting over there, we'd love to have a cooking show.

thanks,
                                                                                     Sharon and Sam

Well, if you could I would be glad to hear about everything. But mostly about living (as cheap as possible to still live normaly), possibility for jobs and people in general. Prices, standard, gas, food, transport?

thank you in advance

Goran

goran,
I'd appreciate any information about odessa. My husband Sam and I are going to visit in 2017. We plan on staying
about a month. We both garden. He's 66years old. I'm 58years old. I work at Wal-mart as a cashier. We both
live in Shelton, Ct. USA. What is Odessa like?
                                                           Sharon and Sam

i can answer you with the only one word Odessa is beautiful! =)

Is Odessa a good place to settle?
I hear many stories from people telling me that Odessa is full of petty criminals and it seems have a tarnished reputation.  I'm aware that for an ex-pat that Kiev is probably the best place to live because of the amount of English speakers there.  However, Kiev is too big for me.  All comments will be welcome.

I can give you some advices.
Odessa is very interestind and nice city. Here you can find big choise to rent apartments.
But if you want to pay cheap price, it is better to rent the apart not in the centre, and you can rent a car and move yoursalf, to drive in Odessa by car is very easy. We rented apart in 7 Km. from the centre and also car from company Naniko - naniko.com/car-rental-ukraine-odessa/ We was very happy, because we paid less.

When you visited odessa Svetako?

Please tell me about the safety condition around in Odessa.  I am looking for Nursing as bachelor degree to study,  yet unsure if odessa medical university offers that in English and for 4 years or not

saro2410 wrote:

Please tell me about the safety condition around in Odessa.  I am looking for Nursing as bachelor degree to study,  yet unsure if odessa medical university offers that in English and for 4 years or not

Hello saro2410

Please note that the initial post is dated back in 2011.

Hope anyway that somebody will be able to tell you more about Odessa.

Regards
Kenjee

Is there any school for English speaking children , are they affordable

Theworldtraveller wrote:

Is there any school for English speaking children , are they affordable

I think you can find few private schools like that in Odessa.

Generally,Odessa is a safe place. Could be boring during winter due to the specifics of the city,but still okay. I love Odessa more than Kiev because of city vibes and people here,but maybe for any new expat Kiev would be better option due to big number of english speaking people there (actually not that big,but possible to survive).

Hi

i live in Egypt in Sharm Elshiekh, i may move to ukraine any useful information about cost of living and schools that teach in english

saro2410 wrote:

Hi,
Well currently am doing my bachelors in medical in Odessa national medical university (English) but I do think there is nursing in English ,but better check it out in their official site.
http://www.arosmu.com