Getting Mail in Nepal

I am currently settling in Nepal after marrying my Nepali husband. I have plenty of things to sort out, most importantly probably being my visa. But I also want to be able to receive mail while I am here, mostly from my family back home but from a few places online also. I'm not sure what the mail system here is like, but from what I have read it's not all that reliable. But my question is about where to have mail sent to. Houses here in Nepal don't really seem to have numbers and street addresses, so where do I have my mail sent to? Any help is greatly appreciated.

You can have mail sent to businesses and sometimes they will even deliver packages. Most often you will have to go to Ktm to the main post office and then you have to pay a tariff. Be sure to have the person put your phone number with the address so they can call you. Although it's much more expensive, UPS works much better than USPS or another country's postal service.

It's all experiential. One time I put my name and then a business address and my phone number. So, the first day I sent my day helper guy. He came back and said he needed something from the business that gave him permission to pick up the mail. By the 4th visit we were able to collect it but the person with the business needed to bring his corporate stamp, a copy of his citizenship paper, a copy of my passport plus paying 1,000 NRs. tariff. Medication is supposed to be tariff free, but don't count on it.

The next time I just put the business name and address and my phone number. They actually delivered it without a problem.

Thanks, MadagascarNow. Perhaps I can just the trekking agency in Thamel that my husband works for. From what I have read the post office isn't a great service and so I was thinking of having any mail or parcels sent with FedEx or DHL.