Western chef from switzerland looking for a job in jakarta

I'm Michael Birrer from Switzerland  44 year of Age.
I'm planning to move June 2016 to Jakarta with my Wife and Son.
I'm looking for a Job as a Chef de Partie in a Hotel or Restaurant.
My Wife is a Indonesia Citizen and come from Depok.
If any one know or have a address for Job openings for Foreign Chefs please let me know.
[email protected]

Thank you very much and greetings from Switzerland

Michael Birrer

Just make sure you are getting a job here legally. If you are married to an Indonesian ask her to arrange a stay permit (spouse sponsored KITAS) separately look for a company willing to employ you as Chef respectively can afford it.

Do never take up a job with ought proper papers!!

thank you for your help.
but  it is difficult to find a job there without im there right?

michaelbirrer4 wrote:

thank you for your help.
but  it is difficult to find a job there without im there right?

Probably.

The first is the work permit - You can't get one unless you have a skill that an Indonesian can't do.
However, if there is a shortage of the skills you possess, you're in with a chance at some top end hotel.
I limit this to posh hotels because they have to pay the government $1,200/year for the joy of you working there, and that's before the large salary they have to pay, so smaller places just aren't going to do it.

There is light on the horizon.
http://vacancyforchef.blogspot.com/2013 … hotel.html

The fact the ad is in English provides a level of hope.

Hey Michael,

You might want to contact a fellow countryman of yours, and a great friend of ours, Markus Kuhni, the new owner of the Fly Café here in Ubud.

After retiring from numerous positions as executive chef at various 5 star hotels, he decided to do something on his own.  He has excellent contacts in Jakarta as well as Surabaya and Bali. 

facebook.com/pages/Fly-Cafe/325920290905357

Hello everybody
I am back for any news in the Hospitality job Offers for Jakarta ./
Anyone Have any news for me we are coming soon to Jakarta for Holiday and I will bring my CV for to look for a Job as Demi Chef or Junior Sous Chef .
I know is not easy but I will not give up for till I have a Job.
Could be also in Western Resaurant .
Thank you
Birrer Michael from Switzerland

Did you actually check out the links given by Fred and Roy above and was there any feedback ?