Moving to Denmark without a job...Worth it?

Hi guys

I'd like to hear experienced member thoughts on my situation. Basically I got my Danish visa early this year after a 1 year wait. In that time, my passport validity reduced and thus the visa I was granted was reduced from 2 years to about 10 months. I have since submitted an extension as I think it would make no sense moving over with 10months hoping to gain employment. However, there is a limit where the visa that was granted would expire if I don't move over in 6 months. And now I am in a situation with a short visa, having to move over, without a job offer. Is it worth doing so after the long wait?

Thanks for everyones input.

Hi

I think it is highly risky coming to Denmark without a job in the hand. Have you tried to have a look at the home site workindenmark.dk/Find-a-job?

Good wishes

Hi Nellie

Yes I did. Have applied to all the international MNC's but no luck. Funny thing is on the nyiadanmark website, for the Greencard scheme the minimum salary to be earned is 50 000+ DKK in 1 year. My visa stipulates I need to earn 379 000 DKK to extend when my visa is only for 10 months. Strange situation this is ...

Hi again

I have not seen your comment before now as my PC has been down and sent to Germany for repair.

You already have a green card? Then you have a residence and work permit and you'll just have to earn 50.000 within the first year. You'll have to move to Denmark within 6 months after having received the licens.

If you have been offered a highly paid job, you have particularly easy access to the Danish labour market. There are no specific requirements with regards to education, profession, or the specific nature of the job.Your job must have a gross annual pay of no less than DKK 375,000.

You are totally right about the discrepancy between the two amounts, and therefore green card are only issued to rather few people. In 2012 it was only 1200 people. I have not found the number for 2013 or 2014, but the government will take the green card system into consideration, actually they want to abolish the green card scheme  as time has shown that most workers with green cards don't work within their trades, but as unskilled workers.

It is not easy to find a job in Denmark if you don't master the language. I would go so far as to say it is impossible unless you find a job in an international MNC. If I were you, I would give up the plans coming to Denmark totally unless you have a well-paid job in advance.

Yes I did. Thing is I was given a 10 month visa in lieu of my passport validity being reduced as a result of their processing time being extended. So I put in an appeal to get my full 2 years. In the meantime, my 6 month period has run out so I put in a request for dispensation of lapsing. In case for whatever reason, they do not agree and my money has all gone down the drain, what chance do I have to get back my investment? They wanted me to take a jump to move to Denmark and I wasn't going to do so without a fair shot not a 10 month visa.

The authorities just follow the rules, and it is up to you if you find the conditions good enough to travel to Denmark or not. I understand that you are disappointed, but to say it bluntly, coming to Denmark without a job in hand would be  throwing good money after bad.

I do not understand why you are interested in Denmark? What is your professional background?

Just wanted to let you know that almost everyone coming on greencard scheme do not have a job in hand (including me).. And i agree with Nellie that it is very difficult. I would not recommend you to come to Denmark too as without language it is difficult to find a job. However, i was fortunate enough to find a job without knowing Danish in a government sector. So, it is very very difficult but not impossible.
Regarding ur investment, i would say, the money u would be losing after coming here and staying while searching for a job is much more than the money u have already spent. I once thought of going back after 4 months of staying here. Imagine the costs here as Copenhagen is the 5th most expensive city in the world!

harshith_bhat wrote:

Just wanted to let you know that almost everyone coming on greencard scheme do not have a job in hand (including me).. And i agree with Nellie that it is very difficult. I would not recommend you to come to Denmark too as without language it is difficult to find a job. However, i was fortunate enough to find a job without knowing Danish in a government sector. So, it is very very difficult but not impossible.
Regarding ur investment, i would say, the money u would be losing after coming here and staying while searching for a job is much more than the money u have already spent. I once thought of going back after 4 months of staying here. Imagine the costs here as Copenhagen is the 5th most expensive city in the world!

Hello Harshith,
I am planning to apply to Denmark under green card scheme. I am currently in a private bank in Bangladesh. I did my under-graduation and MBA from UK. Besides i don't know Danish language at all. So what would u recommend or advice on my case? Would that be worth applying for Denmark? I did go through a lot of hardship while staying in UK and completing my studies. So I had vast experience in that matter but I am confused about Denmark as I don't know their mother tongue. As u have landed very recently and found a job, so could you please give some advice on this matter? Would that be possible to earn DKK 50,000 in the 1st year and subsequently DKK 319188 in the 2nd year for another 3 years extension? Do you think that the authority may make it harder and stricken the rules in future so I should apply now before they make any changes?
Best reagrds,
Safir-Uz-Jaman Khan

i need to come to denmak but i have no job at hand ,what will i do ?

https://www.nyidanmark.dk/http://www.jobsites.dk/jobportaler/

/Nellie