It's been 10 years

It's been 10 years now, we have arrived in Voynika with our luggage in a Ford Transit to live in our house.

Here are our best times and meetings:

- When we came, we were received like royalty
- The invitation of the village to be members of the house of culture, which allowed us to be part of all the theater and the village activities .
- Our wedding in July 2005, it's the most beautiful day of my life,
- My encounter and friendship with our consul of France Isabelle ENGELKE
- My meeting with the President Georgi Parvanov and the former Prime Minister Mr. Sergey Stanishev to whom I was presented by our friend the mayor of the municipality Mitko Andonov.
- The arrival of the ambassador of France Xavier Lapeyre de Cabanes with his wife at home for dinner and they loved the food my husband husband made for them.
- Scouts from Belgium came to camp in our garden then BFMTV (French tv) came to make a tiny documentary about our life here
- The  friends we made from Varna, Burgas to Sofia

What we have learned:

- I learned very quickly Bulgarian
- I learned to sing Bulgarian folklore
- I learned to garden and take care of my garden
- I learned to make jam
- Mike learned Bulgarian the joke is that he learned at the start with a deaf friend so some of the words were mispronounced
- Mike is an engineer but here he learned to renovate the house, wood working, he made gates for our house and for friends, metal etc.
- Mike learned to do the famous Rakia and Wine
- Mike learned to make yogurt and cheese

The bad times;

The loss of our close friends  and especially the deaths of my protegee Mariana 36 years old.
The worst time of my life here, it was the bus accident in Yambol Bakadjika where 18 people were killed including three of our friends, the bus miss me of 20 cm.

We do not regret having chosen to come and live here mostly for choosing this Voynika village and our house.

It's beem 10 years

Wonderfull to hear about your 10 years in BG,,,ive only been here 2 months from UK,,recieved my 5year Resident Visa last week,,so happy in Vinograd,,,told my 2 girls & friends " I have found my little bit of Heaven on Earth",,,thank you :) eddie