Mowlem Bulgaria

Hi all 👋🏻

I'm thinking of buying a Bulgarian property via pay per month from a estate agency called Mowlem Bulgaria. They seem like a reputable real estate company, but I was wondering if anyone had bought property from them before?
Yes, I bought mine through Mowlem. Very good company. Even helpful after the property was paid for. Would recommend them to anyone
@Petejones72
Thats a great statement..nice to hear a positive one like that.
@antseankirk
Hi, I would highly recommend you use a solicitor to check the agreement/contract. Unless it is good bank, do not buy via monthly payments. Be very careful.
Also there is a glitch in the law, and if you are a foreigner you can buy the property but no the land it is on, be very careful.

Regards
Omar

@antseankirk no not of them but paid monthly for ours it's been paid 2 years now hope we get out soon an no problems you have to Ltd company to purchase the  land with property don't no if that helps you paul

@onadeem what glitch? you own land with your company simples.

@antseankirk yes we have...we've been watching and reading about Mowlem for almost 7 years now and have never had any concerns.  Our house is now paid off (May this year) and the process was excellent.  We have also used their builders to have work done and have been very happy with everything that they've done too.

Ivan and Maggie in particular have been superb, but the whole team are great, with excellent English too.

Now the UK is outside the EU, you do need a Ltd company in order to buy a house/ land, which wasn't the same as when we started the process, but they helped make this a seamless process with a few emails ahead of our final trip to sign the house over to us.

We trust them so much, we've made them power of attorney too, so will help with things like things like Internet connection before we move over fully.  No regrets and in honesty would highly recommend them!

Hello nikkinackynoodles,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f60a.svg

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your personal experiences with us here.

Feel free to browse the Bulgaria forum to see if you can help other members with your knowledge or experience.

As for the lawyers you used, feel free to recommend them here > Bulgaria business directory.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@antseankirk

Mowlem and BulgariaDirect are both known for their pay-monthly properties, and there are quite a few expat.com members who have purchased from them. The feedback is very positive, so I don't think there is anything to worry about from a legal/business perspective. And many find it very convenient to have a quasi "mortgage" rather than find one big lump sum.

But they specialize in unrenovated village houses, so you need to be comfortable with what this entails.

@antseankirk HI I'm in the same boat. Hoping to live there eventually. Looking for a holiday home plus.

@onadeem great info. I was going to use a notary in both countries.

@gwynj very helpful info. I wish to do a renovated property up to live in. ;-)

@woodoccs

Welcome to the expat.com forum and good luck with your move to Bulgaria!

If you want a village property to renovate, both these guys have several properties. You can also look on ebay (dot co dot uk) to see what's available there in the way of cheap village houses (there's usually one or two most weeks). I've purchased several properties via BulgarianProperties (dot com), and I think they are a good seller. No pay-monthly deals (cash sales only), but they have lots of listings all over Bulgaria, and plenty of village houses for around 10k-20k. So it's a good research / comparison option, even if you want a pay-monthly from someone else.

Could anyone tell me roughly how much household goods are when it comes to renovating like bathrooms /windows flooring etc are they cheap to buy aswell

@Jeanettebarns61

Renovation materials are cheaper than UK, but not dramatically so. Electrical/Electronics (TVs, washing machines, etc.) are pretty similar.

You can easily compare for yourself: a big DIY chain is Praktiker, and Technopolis (both dot bg) is a good option for appliances. Both Jysk and IKEA (also dot bg) have furniture stores here, so you can compare with UK. All of these have online ordering and will deliver to your village house, so it's quite easy to get what you need.

So hearing good and bad things about mowlem agents reading diffrent reviews, see lots of property reserved by people, has anyone been dealing with now, or have used them this year or in past

Hello everyone. I am new to the forum, and havent had any queries yet. However, the questions re the estate agent got me interested, as I have bought a property which I will renovate, sort of under my supervision, (I have a vast amount of building experience, but am now wheelchair bound). My question is this: Does anyone know of BlackSeaVillas? I have absolutely no reason so far to doubt their integrity, but it would be nice to know if anyone has had any experience with them. Thanks in advance for your input. Lexie

Hi I bought my property through Mowlem b ut not been back to it for years I handed the keys over to a friend and swopped it for a static, however that person has passed away and I just wondered if there was a register to see if I still own the property or not?

@emmajayne1974

Good evening .

1.did you have the house transfered to your name when paid for and had the document to say was yours .

2.usually both parties would have had to be in Bulgaria to do this, unless you gave power of attorney to someone to do transfer and look after your interests here .

3.did you have it transfered to new owner the person you swapped with for static through being again in Bulgaria or used your power of attorney person .