Documents for your dog

What papers do I need from the Belize government for my dog?

I have two Min Pins, and I love them to death. Tell me why would you want to take your pet into such an hostile environment as Belize. There are dogs on every corner, and probably most every kind of sickness. You pet will have to be under your supervision 24/7. Good Luck! I have chosen not without a lack of tears that they are staying behind. My emotions are not as important as their welfare. Please take this to heart.

Hello! Thank you for the reply. This is the first time I have heard Belize was, "an hostile environment". The only thing I heard bad about Belize is that gang members are killing each other off on the south side of Belize City. Actually our dog has been under 24/7 care since he has been with us. Mainly because he has lived with us in our RV ever since we got him as a baby. He has either been with us in the RV and when he goes out he is with us on a leash. I am curious who did you leave your fur babies with back in the states? It does help if you have someone you can trust or who can take care of them, but we have no one. That must have been really hard for you to leave them or did you adopt them out to a very good family? So where are you now?

You obviously take excellent care of your pets, they are with you all the time, whe out they are on a leash, so I don't see the issue.  We are on Ambergris, and many people have brought their pets down.
There are many abandoned dogs on the island who run freely, they are hungry and in Need of medical care.  The local shelter is trying diligently to care for as many as possible, and the community supports the shelter with numerous fundraisers.

Because we are not staying in our condo permanently, we have yet to bring our pet down. So I'm uncertain as to the exact paperwork you will need.  But I. Sure so done will answer that for you.  If not, look back through the forums for previous posts about pets and it should answer all your questions.
Best of luck!

You will need an import permit from BAHA (Belize Agricultural Health Authority) http://baha.org.bz
Under "Animal Health" on the website, you'll find the health letter/timeline info.
You can email Ms. Melody Robateau at Central Farm. [email protected]
You will need copies of your pets health letter for BAHA and your airline. You can ask Ms. Robateau to email a copy of your permit. Your original import permit will wait for you at the BAHA office at PGIA, where you will pay for your permit and where your dog will be released.

Thank you for that information.

do not let the guys at the border tell you you have to pay a tarriff on your dogs if you bring them via car.  That is a scam.  I am a vet.  You can bring your dog and keep it safe here in Belize.  You will need to be diligent about parasite prevention.   this is the tropics so we have mosquitoes carrying every possible disease etc.  You need a fenced yard to protect yourself and your pup.  bring your dog and support the local humane society efforts.

Thank you, mzcalifornia. Which border are you talking about both the Mexican and Belize or just Belize? Are you a Vet in Belize? If you are where are you located?

Beth, her and her husband live in Corozal.