Moving to spain/gib at the end of the year.

Hi all kind of been lurking on here for a few months now.. but thought I would post my own thread to ask a few questions :)

I will be moving over with about 6 months worth of funds to rent a place out and to live and i will be looking for a job in Gib. Iwork in I.T. and am Microsoft certified and there does seem to be quite a few system admin jobs and support jobs popping up all the time and the pay is just about as good as here in the UK.

Anyway rent is just silly expensive in Gib so will get a palce in Spain, I know about the tax situation when working in Gib and living in spain I think there was a thread on here about it and it dont work out that much more expensive really.

I will get a place in La Linea to start with thats close to the boarder and its quite cheap as well, if I do manage to find a job I will move up the coast a bit.

I just wanted to know a few things really, what is the internet connections like in La Linea as its a big part of my life and most jobs would need me to be able to work from home a bit as well.

Also is there a main business district in Gib?, I have been there quite a few times but only as a tourist i used to live up near La Cala about 10 years ago so used to visit now and then but never paid attention as to the locations of the big companies.. I only ask so I can see how long it would take to walk to that area from La linea.

Hi

Some years ago ONO? put fibre into most of the centre of La Linea and I belive Movistar have followed suit.

The majority of the IT companies are close to Morrisons / hospital in Gib

Regards

Grumpy.

Great thanks for the info :)