Visting old Pubs....Can anyone remember???

hello,
Planning a trip down to Gib soon and going down memory lane. It's been quite a while (over 40yrs), but can anyone remember these two pubs and if they still exist can they tell me where they are:

The 9 Tombs
Six Steps Down

Please forward any info to:xxx

Thanks!
Diana&Delia

Never heard of 9 Tombs.

If I remember right 6 Steps Down was at the top of City Mill Lane if so it is no more

You made me think about the 6 Steps Down, so I did a search and came up with some old memories.

http://www.gibraltarcomcen.com/gallery/ … play_media

I remember the six steps down well, Gibraltars smallest pub was being run by a pretty ex-air hostess at the time with a very friendly Alsatian dog called Karla, loved by many and no doubt boosted the trade of what was really a very quite pub before. Nonetheless, it was the first place I ever fell on my nose lol!

What happened to all the old pu s

Hi girls, I used to work at the Six Steps Down when I wasn't working at the Spinning Wheel

Hi Ann we were discussing 6 steps down and The Hole in the Wall last night.

Am I right in remembering the 6 Steps as the smallest pub in Gib?

Yes, you could probably get 6 people in and it's was full

Surprised to find so much chatter about the Six Steps Down!  I worked there in 1968. Once on a special occasion we had 22 people in there I think, with 2 sitting in the loo!  I do miss those days a lot.  So long ago.  I wonder what happened to all those boys from the Navy and RAF who would sing Irish classics on weekends, treated me, then 17, like their sister, bring me bacon butties from some dubious place on the docks they wouldn't take me because it wasn't for nice girls like me.  Can't remember their names either which is so sad.  Martin, Gary, a fellow from Glasgow who it took time to learn to understand.  Probably gone now, but it is nice to remember and see someone else speak about it.

My parents Sid and Peggy owned the spinning Wheel & six steps down in Gibraltar. Was just looking old stories up & came across this feed

Hi, my parents Syd & Peggy owned the Six Steps down then I believe

@Anthonyarumugam

My father worked at spinning wheel, I have some old pictures, I wonder if they are your parents.

@Anthonyarumugam

I remember them and you! And your sister who appeared in "EastEneders" a few times in the late 89s/90s!  It was the fantastic Indian Restaurant that was best and of course the pub they had in Irish Town! Great times!!  And you were a very good Pool player!!

Ian McMonagle

I know this is old, but I hope the person posting sees this.  This is SO strange.  For one thing, I used to work at the 6 Steps!  It was 1968, so a little before the time period mentioned, but the really weird thing is that Diana and Delia are my sister and mother's names!  The reason I was there in the first place was because my sister was born there a few weeks before I started working at the pub.  The 9 Tombs I knew well, too.  I think it was owned at the time by a friend, although I can't remember who.  I've no idea why it came to me to look up the 6 Steps but I am glad I did.

What a great place it was!  All the members of the various garrisons coming in every night, someone always had a guitar and would play - that's where I learned all the Irish songs I know.  Loved Gib and spent 3 or four months there at the time.  SO different from today.  Only 2 hotels, a lot of pubs, two chippies, a terrible Chinese restaurant and a Wimpey's.  One cinema.

Can't see anyone seeing this reply after so long, but if for some reason this IS my sister, hey, sis!

That has to have been way after my time there which was '68.  At that time it was owned by some people from Ceylon.  I loved that place and the people, mostly RAF and Navy personnel, who played guitar and told outrageous stories.  It's nice to hear it continued, at least for a while.  Different kind of place now, if it's still there.  Probably changed a lot, because we didn't even have running water behind the bar!  LOL!  Don't think health regs would allow that these days.