Need good, small Chiang Mai rental for Jan. - March, 2016

Hello.  Am new here.  Would love to learn about best quiet neighborhoods in Chiang Mai and make contacts to help secure a 2 month rental for mid January to mid or late March, 2016.

most parts of CM are quiet unless you pick a place next to a construction site.

rent is widely available in CM - but i'd avoid the one room guest houses opposite the moth.

my advice is to rent a scooter for a few days and look around.  you'll see signs in english saying apartment / room for rent.

condos offer a more comfortable stay; often with kitchen, AC, WiFi, pool etc.
and the price range can be between $400 to $700 a month utilities included.

you can find many studio adverts online with pictures and prices.
just type Chiang Mai / studios / rent.

Welcome in Chiang Mai, what is your budget? do you want city center ? or outside ?

Some explanations : usually in Thailand rental contracts are for 6 months and more often 12 months, this exclude all the utilities bills and common fees. Price is negotiable and will decrease if contract length is longer. Estate agent deal with these cases as they are pay on commission. The price you can find for example in housing section here for house will look cheap BUT you will NOT be in this case.

For short stay like you are looking , the possibility will be to find a : a private owner renting his house or condo ( there are many websites ), or to find a serviced appartment ( easy also ).

Difference to keep in mind :
- a studio 30sqm for example will cost 4000/5000 THB in long term rental.
- the same studio as above rent by the same company but daily rent is 700 THB per day !!
- A studio same size will cost 7000/8000 THB in serviced appartment with cleaning once a month, the same studio and same place with cleaning daily and linen changed like in a hotel will cost you 12,000 THB/13,000 THB

I extract all these prices in real time on internet

Wifi, water, are often charge separately and fixed price however electricity is based on meter reading, bu can end up very expensive if the air-cond run all the time.

Private people now tend to advertise on website like craiglist, asiaproperty, airbnb, etc... ( I will not list all but you can find short stay there or holidays rental )

There are some area noisy in Chiang Mai, which are the one close to airport and mainly on the pathway of the planes who make approach very low, from Big C hang Dong, mooban like Koolpunt 9, etc....you can just park in Biug C Hang Dong and you will see how low the plane are as the airport is very close.

Mike, I don't know if it's available for those dates, but we stayed at a cottage at a private home in a gated community just outside of Chiang Mai in the Hang Dong district, very Quiet, they have a western style kitchen, and pool with Jaccuzzi, very relaxing, owners are husband from the UK, wife is Thai, very nice new house, no insects. Will send you there information.  There names are alan & Ping.   Patrick

Mike send me your private E-Mail & I will send you this private owners information on the rental.  [email protected]  Patrick

(Moderated: please post in the housing section)