Cost of living

Hi everyone , I am from India and new to this forum . My husband is offered a job in Turin , please tell me the cost of living for three people i. e my husband , me and my 6 yrs. old daughter. I mean Preferably what is the cost of education and are there any good international schools for elementary education . The salary offered after deduction of all taxes is 4000 euros. Please help.

Thanks
Sapna

Hi,

Although I do not have information on schools, but below details will give you some information on cost of living

Apartment : 800-1000 euros/month
If you cook at home, cost of materials for 3 people per month : 400 euros
Petrol : 1.8 euros/liter

Maybe you should try posting your query on Turin Forum of Expat.com to get more specific details

No , only mobility allowance .

Thanks dear !

Maria Ukraine wrote:
Sapana10 wrote:

No , only mobility allowance .

Mobility premium is the most basic allowance for expat merely just because you leave your home country to work in other country. I guess the mobility premium your hubby get is about 10%-40% from the base salary right ? Your husband should ask others STANDARD allowance in expat package such as ;

COLA allowance - this is important
Housing allowance - important
School - important
Car allowance - almost important
Spouse allowance - if you relocate together
Hardship allowance -
moving/Settle in Allowance - you

Add all this up and see whether the amount can match beyond your lifestyle in India.

The key to negotiate in expatriation is ASK, so ask this benefits as much you can.

Tough requests for a tougher negotiator..  ;)

usually they offer moving/settle in (flights, moving, 1/3 months housing, health insurance if needed).
An x amount package can be paid.

Said that  your husband got  a good offer and should cover COLA and all the other stuff (in my opinion).

The schools is free of charge in Italy (only pay tax for launch but is cheap depend by the annual salary)..with a salary of 4000 euro you will have great day here in italy...turin is a cheapest city full of service....

Thanks for replying
But we had declined the position already .

Sapana10 wrote:

Thanks for replying
But we had declined the position already .

Hello Sapana,

As you have created this thread back in 2013 and as you are stating that you have already declined the position, i am therefore closing this thread. ;)

Thanks

Priscilla

(Topic closed )

Closed