Turin- Unemployment rate in Vinovo? Cost of living?

Hi ,
    My name us Dimitris and I'm from Greece . Few years ago i moved to Canada for work after the crisis in Europe as we know. Couple mounths ago the company who i work here in Canada they ask me if i want to relocate in Vinovo close to Torino because they go to open new buissens over there. My question is

How is rhe things in italy?
I mean that i came to canada beacuse here there is work but also i want to be close to my family and friends so italy its a very good opportunity.
How much is the unemployment in Vinovo?
Cost of living etc.

I know few italians and i would improve it more. My wife she's can teach English have English as second language.

My occupation is on automotive industry and in Vinovo my company build a new plant for a new costumer in automotive industry.

So ,
  What to you think? Should i take the risk and mive in Vinovo or should i stay here in Canada.

Thank you very much.

Stay in Canada.  I'm an American who thought Italy was going to be a paradise.  It is not.  Stay far away from North Italy, Turin etc.  The prices of everything are outrageous, there are beggars and gypsies everywhere who have brought only crime. The people are cold and unfriendly.  Better to stay in Canada.

Hi Dimitri,
it is probably too late to answer your question but I will try anyway.
I am Italian and I have been living in Belgium for 8 years and now... I am back to Turin.
I know a bit Vinovo and I know people coming from there.
It is a small quite town. I would say less than one hour driving from Turin.
If you have a job, above all an expat job, you could really live in a wonderful way in this area.
Vinovo is in the countryside so if you like green quite places Vinovo is for you.
Italians can be close or hard sometimes with foreigners, this can be true, but your colleagues will for sure take really care of you.
The cost of living unfortunately is quite high for Europe. or better it is quite high for the standard Italian salaries but again, if you have a good job you can make it.
Food is the only thing that I would say is cheaper than many other countries in Europe (France, Belgium, Holland, Germany).
Rents are pretty high but only in the top areas but for sure not in Vinovo.
You will need for sure a car or two, depending on where you work and this can be very expensive. Insurances and fuel here are more expensive than in most of the other European countries.
So you should try to get a good deal on that with your company.
Nice sport clubs can be expensive too, depending on what you would like to do.
Everything that is a bit "high end" can be very expensive.
Italians can live very easily so that is why they can still survive with very low salaries.
Then if you can get enough money I can tell you that there are a lot of very nice aspects.
First of all Greece is very close, and I know how important family can be.
Then the country is wonderful, sea, mountains, lakes, rivers, hills.
Just make some friends at the office or the sport club and your life will be easy.
And last but not least the weather!
This is not something you can underestimate.
I think Canada can be hard on that.
Please let me know if I can help you further. I would love that my town could progress and expats can only make it a better place!

Yes! That was very helpful and thank you foe your response. The only thing that i do not know is about the wages per hour if you have any idea plz tell me. And also my wife ia an English teacher you think there is space for one more English teacher and how much money they make with private lessons? If you have any other info about living and what to watch out please feel free. Again ..... THANK YOU.

Dimitri, I happy you found my information useful.
Unfortunately giving more precise info about the wage is very tough and that it's really because I have been in the business of coast of living for long. In fact there are too many points that are particular to y your situation that I don't know and that can influence the result. Usually big companies have a special department that take care of that our they ask external consulting. It depends if they pay for your house, for your car or whatever else. I can tell you that as Italian you can have a decent life if you get 2000 euros per month. If you are a couple toothy need more. Really take this as an indicative base to start with.
As for your wife, if she has a native English level she could find in private schools or she can go with private lessons, but you should get a benefit for her from your company.
Well, good luck and I hope you will find the way to reach the Italian community.

Hi again. They give me my italian contract and my yearly income is 27.000 €. Is that enought for a couple in italy vinovo?

Thank you.

Is this net? You are asking me a very difficult question. It depends on the way you were used to live before! What else do they give you? The rent? The car?

I never lived extremely spending money left and right. I have to buy a car and they will pay few months of my rent and my furniture. After that I'm by my own.

Dimitri,

Are you already living and working there? Is it everything you thought it would be?
Is Vinovo a nice town? Is there lots to do there and are the people friendly? I will be working in Turin but might look in Vinovo for a place to live. How much are the monthly rental charges?

Thank you for your help.

Joseph

I'm two weeks now in Vinovo and I working too. The rents are very expensive and the taxes very high too. All the other is ....... very good.