Where to get best exchange rate to convert DONG to USD?

I have dong and need USD as I am leaving Vietnam.

Would anyone have a recommendation on where I can get the best exchange rate to buy USD?

Thankyou

Thanks for the replies.  I was thinking, since I'm going to Bangkok, why not check out what the good exchange rate places there would give me for VND.

Places like superrich and grand superrich give me extremely good exchange rates.

To my surprise the rate they will give me is extremely good. I can convert VND to Baht at about .8% or les than 1%.

I doubt I would be able to match that here in Vietnam and makes more sense to just convert it in Bangkok. Plus I don't have to deal with getting fake USD.

I usually exchange money at local bank. Maybe they do not offer you the highest rate in the market but all the exchange process are ensured, so I do not worry about fake money.

Sorry Becki,
Going to a bank in vietnam is not a guarentee that you will not get a fake.
The fakes here are very very good.
I collect banknotes and i have seen a fake here and it took me a while.
Even the bank staff would be hard pressed to spot the difference.

To the OP,
If u are going to bkk , do you want to try Vasu on sukumvit?
133 sukumvit near soi 7,
02253 1706
Vasuexchange.com

the rate of the bank i work for is ~21400 for the ask rate, if u want to buy dollar, you MUST have the ticket to go abroad, visa if required, hope it will help.

you CAN NOT buy dollar from the bank if you dont have things that i mention.

I have always had good luck at Hung Long, 86 Mac Thi Buoi, District 1

Hi jeff,

Is the place you mention a bank? and what bank? I usually do my conversion at ben thanh market . There have gold store but a good rate can be obtain from right of market at the money changer (official).

how much  dollar in the bank i can buy?,Is there have any limit to buy dollars?

the gold shops are usually cashed up.  A few thousand USD wouldn't be a problem for them.  It's the rate you'll pay .  I'd go to a bank first and check the rate AND any fees applied, then hit the gold shop soon after.,

Are you leaving the country??

Remember, there a limit on cash carried out of the country.  About $7000 USD.   If you've got more than that and they find it, you may have a problem.   Then it's up to your "negotiating" skills with entrepreneurial border staff. 😄

Thank you for confirmation.
yes I am leaving Country.
5000$ is ok to chnage vnd into usd?