Want to meet other expats who made the move to fiji for advice

HI,

My name is Lynette and I am married to a fijian (Jone) currently living in Melbourne Australia.
We are planning on making the move to Fiji, preferably to live in Pacific Harbour later this year.
I would love to make contact with others who have made the move to Fiji to give advice on  housing, jobs and shipping our household items to the country.
Thank you

Lynette

Hello Lynette,welcome to Expat.com and Happy New Year

Hope that some members will soon revert back to you

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Bula Lynette,

I moved to Fiji in 2008.  If you have any questions I will try to help.

John

Hi Lynette
My name is Kerry I moved to Fiji last Oct I lived in a village with my husband"s family I went through pack and send they were door to door Great price too compare to others  unfortunately I could not get work in any industries so I came back to Aust What do you do for s living?

Kerry

Bula Kerry/John,

Thank you for your replies.

I work in construction as a Contracts Administrator. I am hoping to get on board with a building company in Fiji if I can.

We will be looking to move to Pacific Harbour or around that area when we finally  make the move.

I have had a price to ship a 20' container to Fiji but I don't know what I have to do with it once it arrives. Any advice on that?

I'm trying to get my head around the whole process of finding a house, shipping the house contents, finding somewhere to stay in the meantime etc. etc. Did it take a couple of trips over for you to set yourself up?

Vinaka

Lynette

Hi
I already had a house as my husband lived on a village but my items went by air through pack and send which was door to door You items will arrive in Suva you wiil need to either hire a truck or get a company to do so but personally door to door Is the way to go you don't have to worry about it then There are web sites that will email you properties Property.com.fj is one

Hi Lyn

My husband & I are also looking to move to Fiji from Melbourne.  Our destination is Savusavu.

I would be interested in what price you were quoted for a 20' container......that appears to be the best option.

There is a member on here called Bill Will who is a freight forwarding agent, who we will be contacting for information on moving there.

FYI it is [email protected]

Hope to hear from you soon.  Cheers, Aly