How to come to Montreal - CIC site says i dont need to evaluate degree

Hi guys,
May be i will be moving to Montreal in the coming months. I have a degree of computer science with multimedia. According tho the CIC site i dont need to evaluate my degree I dont know what to do can anyone help me?

Irfan

"Evaluation des etudes comparatives au quebec".

Montreal is not like other parts in Canada.
It is in Quebec, which in itself has a government on its own..well..it does depends at some extent on the Federal Govn of Canada.

You need to have ur qualifications evaluated.costs about 100 Can Dol.
U can do it from Mau by sending your Originals to the department concerned...do a search with what i've written first.

It will b of a great help in looking for a job.

Thank you oosaf for your reply. I have gone through the site it is 114 CAD from Jan this year  :) Anyway this is fine my only worry is that if i sent all my degree and certificate to Quebec now and I move before i get them back because their delais is 7 week minimum. What do you suggest me I sent it now and wait or reach Montreal first then apply form there?

Thanks
Irfan

Hello Irfan and welcome on board Expat.com

kindly note that a new thread has been created as from your post on the Montreal forum to help you get better responses and interactions.

Kenjee
Expat.com team

irfan0209, didn't you say you already had your PR? If that is the case, I am puzzled as to why you'll need your qualifications evaluated. Qualification evaluation would only be required if you're starting out our PR application process.

PR application process and degree evaluation are 2 different things.

Companies here in Quebec do not know the value of whatever you have done in mauritius.

Having your degree evaluated in Quebec, gives them the assurance that you do have what is on your CV.

You can send your docs when you get here or from mau.Doesn't matter...what can cause an issue is...the return address.

If you send the docs from mau and during that time, you land in Montreal, do you have a return address here that the docs can be returned to ?

I didnt quite understand what Philip talked about...do you have your PR?

Irfan basically wrote in another forum that he had the PR. Check out https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 23#2363802

"Montreal is not like other parts in Canada"

MUCH more exciting than other parts of Canada. Distinct difference in culture. More European than American.

"It is in Quebec, which in itself has a government on its own..well..it does depends at some extent on the Federal Govn of Canada."

I believe the same can be said of all Canadian provinces. They are each independent governments with sole control over certain matters. Be careful of that.