About fiancee visa in Norway

Final got the ok from udi took almost a year. Still not sure why it took so long but its final done.
Good luck to everyone.

fitzkevin wrote:

Final got the ok from udi took almost a year. Still not sure why it took so long but its final done.
Good luck to everyone.

congratulations,,,,

Congrats fitzkevin!! I am also waiting for the permit, i applied on 27th january in my country and was received by UDI on 26th march so am also about to be 9 months since they received and 11 months since i applied!!

I applied Feb 15, 2014 got approved just this Dec 3, 2014 :-)

Awww congraaaats!!!!feb 2014 you applied from which country??and when did it reach to UDI???

from Philippines. Not sure when but my boyfriend contacted UDI 3 weeks after we handed our application at the embassy coz we found out im preggy and so he asked them if there is anything we can do to make it fast but said theres no way that all we can do is wait.

does anyone already married last december 2014? Is there filipina lived mandal or kristiansand area?

Hi sol ,

Provided that my case is a little different with yours since i got married while waiting for my fiance visa while here in Norway, i can say with regards to getting married if it's a civil wedding you're planning it's really quick.

since i was allowed by udi to get married,
After getting the test cert/marriage license from skatteetaten we proceed to the court house where we are getting married a week before our target date and got married November 21,2014 :)

Im sure for you since you have your fiance permit already given you have your documents ready im sure less than 3 weeks preparatio  you can get married .

^_^

thanks steph.

hi steph, when we can know that the test certificate/marriage is already available in the skatteetaten? Are they going to send email or post mail? Thanks a lot for the info, it would be a great help. Have a great day.

hi sol.
the test cert (marriage license) will be sent by post/mail. it will be sent to ur home address (if both of u had written same address), unless u specifically asked for it to be sent to the wedding officiator.

have u submitted ur application in skatteetaten as well? how long have you been waiting? we were told at skatteetaten abt waiting period of 2-3 weeks.

my fiancé and i had been waiting for a week. and now i am back home in the philippines. i have a valid visa when i applied for the test cert, but my worry is i dont have a visa yet for our target marriage date. so im hoping for good results.

hi pheebz
We have applied in skatteetaten last December 22, 2014. It is about 3 weeks now. We have been told to wait for 3 weeks or more due to holidays.I had already my residence permit id valid for 6 months. Hope to hear good results so that we can get married soon. I been here in Norway for a month now.
By the way, where you stay in Norway? Do you speak Tagalog or Bisaya?
Thanks a lot. Hope for your good results too. God bless. Have a great day.

hi sol,

if there is no problem it should come in a week or two it will be in your mailbox at the address you provided in their form.

probably the reason for the delay is the holiday season coz that's the week that you applied. if it didnt come on the estimated week that they said you can call and follow up with them :)

i hope you receive it soon so you can relax and get married ^_^

ohh.. yea sol, i think stephy is right.. the week you applied was almost the holidays, so maybe thats what caused the delays.. update us if you get it this week or the next :) i will do too... but i think since u have a residence permit valid for 6 months, i dont think you will have any problems, it should sail smoothly for you :) i dont think you have anything to worry about..

damn this waiting.! making me so anxious, haha... my big fear is that since i got no visa yet for our target marriage date, we might get rejected on the test cert right away :( but im still hoping skatteetaten will inform us abt any problems instead of denying us right away.. i am planning to apply for a visit visa next week, have to wait it out this week coz of the pope holiday here in the philippines...

btw, i speak tagalog :)

Hi im filipina woman and I have boyfriend work in norway but he lives truly in sweden anyway my boyfriend want me to bring in sweden  and get married in sweden ....is that ok in my application is norway and we didn't meet yet person .....im single person no kids and he is single and no kids also how we apply fience visa isnt ok my applying is norway but when I go ther is sweden .....plss help me ...I need advice

Hi minsota,

In my opinion I suggest that your first step is he visits you first because not meeting each other in person yet may give you difficulty or worst denial in you visa application.

as posted by Pheebz051 in the other thread this is what the UDI stated in their website (  http://www.udi.no/en/want-to-apply/visi … l#link-482 )  for visitors visa :

Your possibility of getting a visa
If you plan to visit your girlfriend or boyfriend, you can be granted a visa if you are in an established relationship. This means that if you have been together for a long time and have met several times, you have a better chance of being granted a visa.

if this is for visit what more if you are going to apply for fiance? you will have to be able to present proof of your relationship being genuine and real, unfortunately chat histories arent enough to show tje your relationship is really established.

important embassy update

Starting February 2015, the receipt of requirements on visa applications will be outsourced... But it is still the embassy who will make the decision. New location, additional fee, longer processing.. :(

see this link: Embassy News

pheebz0501 wrote:

important embassy update

Starting February 2015, the receipt of requirements on visa applications will be outsourced... But it is still the embassy who will make the decision. New location, additional fee, longer processing.. :(

see this link: Embassy News

apologies for spamming, but i forgot to mention that this is for the Royal Norwegian embassy in the Philippines.

Hello do you have result now for fiance visa??

Hi!!!
Not yet Jazzme!!we hope we can hear something soon!!!

Its been 10th month and 7days now.. Still did not receive any answer from UDI.. We tried to call but they said it is still in line.. Don't know why it took so long this time.. While February applications got their answer around in 9th month..

dont worry my friend, i cross my fingers for you guys, but in my case it took 2 years in total as we applied, got rejected, bailed a complain and then accepted. hope the delay for the good!
god luck

Why did they reject it?

Hello guys,,my fiance called the udi oslo,and the lady on the line said why the embassy can't decide the fiance visa in philippines?? Strange answer from her,,so my fiance wondering about udi and embassy here in manila who will checked that applications..we laughing when we heard that from the lady in udi oslo..but now we thinking about to hire a lawyer and he will call the udi norway so it will be easier,

hello there,
they rejected 1st time saying that we dont have enough income and we dont have a place to stay. the thing is when we applied it was a year before we got rejected and we called many times asking if they need us to update out papers? like the new place we bought an so on. and they kept on saying we dont need that as if anything is needed they will contact us. they never did and ofcourse the papers they had was out of date. so we had to file a complain or apply again you can call it on the same case then they accepted us.

hey JAzme ... well thats totally correct. tell your fiancee that he dont need to hire a lawyer or cost him self anything. as its useless. the thing is the Embassy control the tourist visa and all kinds of visas ofcourse. while the fiancee visa is some sort of family immigration. so its done by UDI. not the embassy. all the embassy role is like a portal to get your document. thats all. and they cant do anything. in my case for example when i applied. it was through the embassy in Cairo. and two years later after i got an email accepting me from UDI. i was in Australia and i took the letter to the embassy and they gave me a Visa. didnt need to apply through them or any thing.
tell me is your Fiancee in Oslo or where is he? maybe we can have a coffee together and  can tell him all this info .. only if he buys me the coffee ofcourse :)

Hi Jazme

i read around here in the forums that the Norwegian embassy in the philippines decides for fiancée permit now too... thats why some get results as early as 3 weeks.. if the UDI girl in oslo was wondering why the embassy in Phils cant decide on ur application, then that probably means ur application hasnt been passed yet to UDI for decision... which i think is good news.. then that means its the embassy in the Phils who will decide, and they can give decisions for up to 1 month.. but if u applied December, then probably the holiday weeks dont count.. have you tried calling the embassy here in the Philippines to follow-up?

and yea, i agree abt the lawyer.. in my opinion, hiring a lawyer is a waste of time and money.. since the UDI site had provided all the necessary info needed... but if ur gonna hire an immigration lawyer, s/he has to be familiar with Norwegian immigration regulations, so ur money wont go to waste... maybe a Norwegian lawyer who specializes with immigration rules.. a Filipino lawyer may not be as familiar to the Norway rules as a Norwegian lawyer would be...

Hello to all,, my fiance thinking only to hire a lawyer because in my case now because im pregnant,,but if its not help maybe we can find another way..my application was already sent to udi norway,but im still hoping that i get result very soon..

Hi
Way back lawyers were helpful but this time around you can have a lawyer and stil have same processing time, but if you have a strong reason the lawyer can help because he is aware of immigrtion rules!udi have updated again their site now when they updated on first time they had said pregnancy is not one of the reason to process the case fast, there other reason like life threatening etc etc,and another thing in following up he has a direct number that he doesnt need to stay in a que, i have a lawyer too and before i applied he called them and they told him my case wil take 3 weeks but its 10 months now, again on late november they said they wil priotize it but its been two months now since they said about priotizing but nothing has been done!!

Sad to hear..but i dont lose my hope,,anyway what i need to do now is to wait,,huhu this is too crazy thinking much about fiance visa..thanks for this blog it helps very much...

Yes i tried to call embassy,and they told me much better my boyfriend call the udi norway but its not help..we got only same answer everytime he calling,(still on process) i've been to norwegian embassy manila dec 01,2014 and dec 03,2014 i got an email they say my application was sent to udi norway..

Yah i really wish UDI would be straight forward, becaus you know what to expect but really they act unproffessional, but i wish u luck my dear, you never know maybe things wil work out faster than you think!!!cause the waiting is really tedious!!!

Hello To all,                                                     I got email today from udi about my application monthly update.hmmm they say still processing.hope to get result nextweek

Hei!!well does it stay your application is waiting to be processed??becaus they normally send those standard letters (email) these days on each month until when your application is fully processed,but wish you luck my Jazzme

I got the same e-mail today. When their net page tell 9 months processing time, this e-mail would be natural to send to all after 9 months...not after 11 as in my case. As far as I have understood udi don't work on Saturday's, so I think it is a automatically generated e-mail to a random selection of unfortunates.

My fiancé called udi yesterday on friday 30 of January, and they could finally tell that they started to look at our application on Tuesday 27th. And had sent a request to police asking to check my fiances background (police certificate), but had no idea how long that would take before police made reply. But at lest something seem to be happening now, and I think it is only fair after soon a year.

But I don't see the point in sending an e-mail to me about case still waiting in line if they already started to look at our application a few day's earlier...so not much system at udi I think...

Wooow thats good news!i wil try to contact my lawyer and ask them too since my date and yours are close when UDI received!i hope we are on the same batch,

Fiance visa given today. :)

Applied 05 of March 2014. Ready today 10 of February 2015, took almost a year.

Good luck to everyone.

Wow! Congrats girl😀 happy for you..