Is 2000 euro after tax in Bucharest a good salary?

hello,

Today my boss in Bucharest offers me a senior software engineer job there with 2000 euro after tax per month, is this a good salary in Bucharest? i am now in shanghai china and get a little bit more than this, so i am really confused, can anyone here help me?

thank you

Yes, if you take into consideration that the medium salary here is somwhere around 500 E, however if the cost of living in Shanghai, where you earn a bit more than 2000 E, is not way higher than in Bucharest it's probably not worth relocating. So make some researches about the cost of living in Bucharest and Shanghai and do the math after.

Cheers,

Thank you very much, Mirela26.
I compared the cost of living between shanghai and bucharest, it seems bucharest is 40% lower than shanghai. So it sounds like a good place to go for me.

Alex, a gain of 30% (your 40% gain in cost of living will get diluted by the lower salary) is not a great reason to move countries. There's the culture, the language, the surroundings, the politics, the people (friends and family) ... all of these things have an intense impact on your happiness. That's what life's about ultimately, not how much your money can buy for you. Just ask yourself whether you're going to be happy in Romania, regardless of the salary.

Hello Yes 2000 EUR is quite enough in Romania,
I am looking forwad to come back to Romania as well for working do you have any chance for me there Romanian Speaker
bye

alexgeng wrote:

hello,

Today my boss in Bucharest offers me a senior software engineer job there with 2000 euro after tax per month, is this a good salary in Bucharest? i am now in shanghai china and get a little bit more than this, so i am really confused, can anyone here help me?

thank you

As I live in SH and also am contemplating a move to Romania I would be interested to learn your opinion should you go! Thanks!

Reillusioned, you have spoken like a true warrior. I could not have said it better myself.

it;s a greate sallary for living in Romania

hi, i have shifted from China to Romania. I can say that its not a bad place , but if you ask for my honest opinion, STAY WHERE YOU ARE! Shifting for just a little gain is really not worth it!

Hello Mr. Advani

I am Sajjad Nasir from Pakistan. I agree with your point of view that shifting for a minor gain is not a wise decision, but shifting for a better life, for better future for you and your kids especially from a country like India or Pakistan. Is it not a good decision either?

So so

I do business in Romania and have companies there , eventhough I travell arround abd live a quarter of every year taking care of My companie. 2000 Euroes is ok , but be wise ,Romania is a very good place , but your salary could be Held by your boss , and pay anytime he or she want. Your salary can not be guaranteed. I have most people I employed on My company Who came with same problem. Also you need to learn The language very fast , which is not so hard , because The way you prononce The same way you write. Its very cheap to live in Romania . When it comes to having fun , then Romania is one of The best places after Spain Telaviv Cyprus snd Etc.

Are you guys for real? Obviously you don't know what are you talking about. The minimum wage in Romania is 200 euro per month before tax, the average person makes 3-400. With 600 euro a month you rent an entire flat for yourself and buy more food then you can eat. Bucharest is way cheaper then Berlin, which is considered  very cheap .How can you say is not worth it to move there for 2000 a month?

I would vote for the no move side. Especially, if you want to take things with you as well.
Money is not everything.