Laundry Service in Cuenca

Hi All,

NEED HELP

I've been here in Cuenca for about five days now an I am starting to run short on clean clothes, so i´m looking for a bit of information on laundry services. Are there any do-it-yourself laundromats in the near downtown area. If not downtown, where or what would you suggest? I can catch a taxi if need be.

THANKS for your future responses. :D

Joe

JoeB7806 wrote:

NEED HELP

I've been here in Cuenca for about five days now an I am starting to run short on clean clothes....Are there any do-it-yourself laundromats in the near downtown area.

I'm not exactly in your "area code," Joe, but the capital letters "NEED HELP" seem to signal a bit of desperation.  So here's a couple of thoughts....

Self-service laundromats are less common here in EC than back in Houston, probably because labor is cheaper here.

In my city, many of the fluff'n'fold laundries can turn around clothing  same day or next day without burning a hole in one's wallet.

You might check with the hotel(s) nearby, which can either do it themselves (more expensive) or point you in the right direction.

If language is a challenge, you might ask:

"Donde esta una lavanderia" (lah-vahn-deh-REE-ah), which could be interpreted as either self-service or regular service laundry.

cccmedia, Quito

There is a laundromat on Luis Cordero about  half a block off Calle Larga.  You can do your own or they will do it for you.

stick1947 wrote:

There is a laundromat on Luis Cordero about  half a block off Calle Larga.  You can do your own or they will do it for you.

If it recall, it goes by the name Gringo Laundry.

Nards Barley wrote:

If it recall, it goes by the name Gringo Laundry.

And with that ten-word post, Nards Barley hits 1,000 lifetime posts on Expat.com.

He has simultaneously been promoted from "Member-plus" to "VIP" status, and well deserved. :one

Congratulations, Nards.

The Expat community is better off today for your insights, photographs and "reportage."

We look forward to the next 1,000 posts...and to the announcement of any aspirations you may have for even higher pursuits.

cccmedia, Quito operative, Draft Nards Barley for Presidente 2017

Nards Barley wrote:

If I recall, it goes by the name Gringo Laundry.

This post brought to you by Gringo Laundry, Cordero y Larga, in Cuenca.