Help me to know Country

Hello I am considering to migrate to Australia.

More likely the situation  will be my husband will come as a student for complete his degree and if everything goes well with it we may decide to stay there permanently.

I have little worried about how to survive there with the 3 years old baby, because  if my husband study  he will allow to work only 20 hours per week.

Do you think is it enough to survive for 3 years in long term?  some of you may had similar  situation. So i would like  to know if you can share your story.

more specifically: i am interested to know the room rent(Melbourne) , cost for foods, medical insurance, transport. Daycare service, etc

Any ideas, thoughts really appreciated.

Hi ausihunter

If your husband is lucky enough to get a job whilst he is studying the money he would earn will not be enough to support the 3 of you. Daycare services alone would probably cost as much as what your husband could earn.Cost of living is high here and unemployment is rising too. 

For cost of living try www.numbeo.com 

I am sure other members will also give you valuable information too.

Hi there,
I'm a very optimistic person and all I could say is it can be done; but consider the following:
- you need medical insurance (remember that you need full VISITOR/STUDENT insurance, make sure you select that option while looking for a quote otherwise you are looking at the ones for Australians which price is being reduced.
- To stay permanently you need to apply on the skilled migration visas, your degree needs to be in the required occupation lists of the government. if it's not there your chances are close to none.
- I don't recommend to study something just because is in the list because they change it every year usually in September.
- Rooms for a couple are around $200 - $300 a week, but the firsts months you are expected to pay around $350-450 a week. It's cheaper to rent a unit (house) - check ( domain.com.au). Rental for students is hard to get straight away but it can be done.
- Food for a single person: expect from $10-$20 per person a day. But it can get more expensive depending on your diet requirements. There many Hindu temples that could help you but is not for granted.
- Jobs are available (with good English skills) on casual basis or part time, but they don't pay much. Expect from $7 to $16 per hour after tax. Remember only 20 hours a week.
- Australian doesn't expect that you come empty handed to get a job for your survival. It's expected that you prove you have enough money to support you and your family for the total length of the stay. Please make sure you have enough before taking any decisions.