Food from your country of origin or from your host country?

Hello everyone,

I'm a French student conducting a research project to complete my masters' degree about the willingness of expats to consume food products from their country of origin or from their host country.

3 min only!  :)

Could I ask you kindly to fill out my questionnaire below?
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1sArqXL … =send_form

It will be a great help!

Thank you for your time and have a nice week-end!

Best,

Marie

I'm willing to consume food products from my country of origin.  If only I could find more.

I consume food products from my host country every day.  Don't we all?

We have switched tom 90% local product and loving it.  I do miss a good rare prime rib however.

BObK

Our local products are ok, but the gutter oil is a little unappetizing.

100% local food and loving it.

Both my wife and I are great cooks, so I get a good balance of both Brazilian dishes and international dishes too. Canadian food is b-o-r-i-n-g-g-g-g meat and spuds. I like to cook international dishes so I go for Italian, Portuguese, Greek, Chinese, Polish, etc., etc., etc. Gosh the Cabbage Rolls tonight were delicious even if I do say so myself.  :D

I did the survey but, as with most of these things, it was puerile rubbish, ill thought out, and likely to lead to a dissertation that most grade six students would think was total crap.
This sort of thing lacks the experience that makes a good dissertation.
The student reads a few books, picks up a few ideas from people equally devoid of a clue, then spews out a load of old bull, all based on f'awed premisses.

My advice to the OP; stuff the survey, read the answers on this thread, then ask real questions to real people.

One thing she has to realise, people vary a lot.
Some expats tend to live in expat bubbles, the one's with brains get out there and try to understand the place they chose to live in.

This forum tends to attract open minded expats, so you'll get a lot of people who like to eat local food; other forums have loads of moaning old farts that always talk about how their home country is so much better.
If you ask on those forums, you'll get boring old fart type answers.

Like the OP on another thread in this section ("Stress of expats" or some such), this OP puts too much confidence in simplistic and statistically worthless surveys. I think Fred was probably feeling charitable when he judged this survey as puerile rubbish. Marie - no disrespect, but if they give you a Master's Degree on the basis of a survey as described in your original post, I think you will have wasted your time. Sorry!

Find useful info to succeed in your expat project

OR