MY FIRST MONTH'S STAY & VISA EXTENSION IN THE PHILIPPINES

I arrived here from Singapore at NAIA on 23rd August 2014. My South African passport allowed me to get a 30 days visa stamped in my passport on arrival at no cost. Immigration officer only asked when's my departure date (22 Sept). I had an outbound flight ticket from Manila to Singapore (Jetstar) purchased online before departure from South Africa.
At Cape Town International airport I was refused to proceed to pass through to departure lounge because I had a one way ticket on Singapore Airlines to Manila via Singapore. I had to purchase a return flight ticket there (US$500) added to my one way ticket, so that I could be allowed to board my flight from South Africa. Travellers beware; most airlines refuse boarding if you don't have a return ticket back to your country of origin.
On the 18th of September I travelled (by tricycle, jeepney, 2 busses & jeepney rides) from Canlubang, Calamba, Laguna (where I am currently staying) to Bureau of Immigration in Intramuros, Manila for my first visa extension cost = PHP3,130. Thereafter I can extend for 2 months or six months every time for up to 36 months, Immigration Officer told me.
Anyone is welcome to contact me for further information/advice

this has been the case for as long as I been coming back and forth to the Philippines.. you always need an ongoing ticket.. the Philippines cannot be your final destination.. last time I came here, I found a (throw away) promo ticket going from manila to Cambodia for just 250 pesos..

Travellers beware; most airlines refuse boarding if you don't have a return ticket back to your country of origin  -incorrect  -u need an onward ticket from the country you are travelling to  -did you show them the outbound ticket from mnl -singapore

tommieboy999 wrote:

this has been the case for as long as I been coming back and forth to the Philippines.. you always need an ongoing ticket.. the Philippines cannot be your final destination.. last time I came here, I found a (throw away) promo ticket going from manila to Cambodia for just 250 pesos..

did you forget a zero?

nope.. it was 250 pesos.. a promo ticket.. if you buy it in advance you can find tickets that cheap on Cebu pacific,, but of course after all the fees they add on it was about 800 pesos total

right now.. manila to Bangkok or Osaka is 499 pesos.. until January 15th

tommieboy999 wrote:

nope.. it was 250 pesos.. a promo ticket.. if you buy it in advance you can find tickets that cheap on Cebu pacific,, but of course after all the fees they add on it was about 800 pesos total

no way a international  flight cost 800 peso    -even the lowest domestic flight can get is around 700 peso excl 200 term fee, checked  ozaka -no 499, there is for bangkok  -  2723 peso without any luggage

im not sure why I continue to waste my time with you.. but here it is
https://www.cebupacificair.com/Pages/se … promo.aspx
  this one is 999pesos to hong kong and a few other international flights..
if I had more time I would find a flight for under 400pesos.. but you can also find it
if your not totally brainless

ill even go one step further coz I hate when I post something and idiots think im lying for some reason.. on november 19th 2013 I bought a ticket from manila to Siem Reap for 499p..  flight sj 257   booking reference number is k3hu9L   u can investigate it your self if you don't believe

https://www.cebupacificair.com/Pages/seat-sale-promo.aspx

yes the promo is 499 but when you add taxes its  2700 +  -so your the idiot

greenetravel wrote:

yes the promo is 499 but when you add taxes its  2700 +  -so your the idiot

here is the proof   SUBTOTAL : 499.00
WEB ADMIN FEE :

TAXES AND FEES :
TOTAL :
PHP  2,723.06   -so you can check it yourself

Hi all,

Please calm down.

Everyone can share information on this board but please avoid personal attack!

Thank you.
Expat.com team

wrong again . it cost me 1099..total. they don't charge 2200+p for fees

tommieboy999 wrote:

wrong again . it cost me 1099..total. they don't charge 2200+p for fees

check if then and see whos wrong  -direct from their website

Singapore airlines refused to accept the outbound flight from Manila to Singapore on JetStar airlines (the other ticket I had). They only want passengers to use their airline for return flights

NOMISE wrote:

Singapore airlines refused to accept the outbound flight from Manila to Singapore on JetStar airlines (the other ticket I had). They only want passengers to use their airline for return flights

well then you should take them to court.

You could have got your fist extension at the airport before entering immigration check, and it is a bit cheaper there and saves a trip to BI later. As for the issue you had with Singapore boarding, for me I have never had a return ticket to my departure country. All the Philippines wants to see is an ongoing ticket. I would have fought them on that one.