13a Visa Process I experienced 2022 Manilla

I know there is another post about the process of applying for a 13a visa but I just did this week and since my experience was vastly different I decided to start an updated thread. This will be a bit long.

So before going to immigration here is where I stood with everything. I have been in the country since September of last year, I have extended my 9a visa twice, Since I have been here for over 6 months I acquired an NBI clearance and PSA copies of our marriage contract, 2: 2x2 photos with white background and my wife's birth certificate. I downloaded the most current version of the application to convert to a 13a probationary visa and a checklist of items needed. We followed the directions and compiled two folders with all of the documents required. Beyond the listed items we gathered some other items just case they were needed such as a barangay clearance confirming cohabitation, bank records to prove income, and the original of our US marriage certificate(this is what was filed with PSA), and copies of my current ACR card. With all of this gathered and sorted we head to the main office in Manilla. I had called previously to confirm that to get a BI clearance as listed in the checklist I would need to do that before applying for my 13a so there would be at least two trips.

So trip one to the office to get my BI clearance. This took longer than I thought it would. We were there for a total of about 3 hours going through the application process. We started by submitting the application at window 21 and were told we need to be at window 23 in two hours. So we waited and went to the window as directed in 2 hours. I received my order of payment and sent down to window 14-16 to pay as directed. I paid the 1010 PHP for the clearance and was sent back to the previous window. I turned in my OR and was given a claim stub to return in three days. As were planning on returning a week later to process the 13a application I asked if we could claim it a few days late and they assured me this was fine. This leads to the interesting part of this adventure the day of application submission.

As I said we compiled the folders with the required documents as per the current checklist from the BI website. On the day of application everything changed so I am going to go through the list of requirements as per the form and the changes we experienced:

1.) Joint Letter of request addressed to the Commissioner from the applicant and the petitioning Filipino spouse. We typed this as requested and research said it did not need to be notarized. We were sent down the street to have this done. When we arrived at the attorney's desk behind the next building we were informed we needed multiple forms from him. They retyped our request and provided two copies plus an affidavit of guarantee with authenticity. We received two copies of each of these both notarized with our signatures (~1000PHP) and we returned to the BI office.

2.)Duly accomplished CGAF form. We got that moving on

3.)Marriage Certificate(PSA copy). Again we are good moving on

4,)Birth Certificate of Filipino spouse. We are good, we got this.

5.)Photocopy of passport bio-page and latest admission with valid authorized stay. We are good again this is flying by going to be a fast day

6.) Valid NBI Clearance. Still good moving on

7.) BI Clearance. We just picked it up so we are good but informed it is not needed and it is removed from the folder and handed back to us. We are told maybe we can use it for something else maybe, wasted 1010PHP and a day but ok.

8.) Medical Certificate. I do not need this so we are done with the requirements as per the checklist.

Now we enter the fun that is not on the checklist or process due to pandemic procedures. I am informed we need two color copies of every page of my passport and 2 copies of my most recent extension. I am pointed to the coping service onsite. Color copies cost 25PHP per copy so a bit high but we are here so let's do this. This came to 700PHP extra but ok moving on. We returned with all of this to the person at the front desk we have been working with, by the way, she was wonderful and helped us through every step. After arranging everything in the folder and fastening everything together I signed the log and was sent to the end of the counter to sign in and speak to another person behind the front desk area.

We started to walk back to speak with him and he said just one of us not both and that my wife could sit in the waiting area for me. We reviewed all the documents and asked the general questions as to why we decided to stay here and if I planned on taking my wife to the states. Also how we met, how long we have been together before marriage, etc. Normal immigration questions for immigration. He then requested proof that my wife was still a Filipino citizen. I went out and grabbed her passport and a color copy of it that we had with us, luckily she updated her passport after our marriage so that was not an issue with names. He sent us to the ACR application review window.

They received my application and then made sure the information on the screen was correct. The funny part of this is they ran the same check as the BI CLearance while I was standing there but there was no other charge for that so all is well. After they reviewed my file and had me check the information on the screen I was issued an order of payment and given the numbers for the next two windows I needed to visit.

First was window 14 for payment. I paid a total of 11,267PHP for the 13a application and new ACR. I moved to the next window to turn in the application. They reviewed both folders, my OR and kept the 13a folder and handed me back the ACR folder, and sent us to the second floor. There my ACR folder was reviewed and stamped and we were sent back to the first floor, this was quick thankfully as there is no AC in the hallway of the second floor where we waited. Upon arriving at the window on the first floor they did biometric capturing (picture and electronic captured fingerprints). I was handed a claim slip to return in a month for visa implementation and to receive my ACR but also watch the website as this can move faster.

So the major differences from the online information I found were the lack of need for a BI clearance, the extra notarized documents required, and the fact that there is no hearing or separate interviews to be scheduled. All in all, we were at the office for 3 hours on our application day. We arrived at 730a and left right at 1030a. In total, we had an extra 2700PHP in fees that could be lowered by being prepared with all the needed copies. I am not saying everyone's experience will be the same as mine but this is what I experienced at the main office this past week.

I hope this helps anyone submitting an application in Manilla soon and I will update this as to when I receive my visa and ACR.

@PNodens Thank you for your incredibly detailed process!  This will prove very helpful when it's my turn to apply! 

Well done! I will use this reference too.
@PNodens post. . . . . We started to walk back to speak with him and he said just one of us not both and that my wife could sit in the waiting area for me. We reviewed all the documents and asked the general questions as to why we decided to stay here and if I planned on taking my wife to the states. Also how we met, how long we have been together before marriage, etc. Normal immigration questions for immigration. He then requested proof that my wife was still a Filipino citizen. I went out and grabbed her passport and a color copy of it that we had with us, luckily she updated her passport after our marriage so that was not an issue with names. He sent us to the ACR application review window.
Nice post, I'm sure it's going to be helpful for future 13A applicants. I wish you could have posted this four years ago, it would have saved me many trips to the BI.

On your interview above, my experience was a little different. At that time the interview was with a lawyer. We were given an appointment with the date and time to return. Leaving the window, my wife's cousin who provided our transportation noted it was on a non drive day in Antipolo. Within a minute we returned to the window to change he date, we were informed we had to go upstairs and submit some form to change the date. With their approval and paying P1000 fee the date was rescheduled for that day and we were interviewed by their lawyer.

Being my wife & I were from Las Vegas the lawyer had vacationed in Vegas the whole interview was about Las Vegas and the wonderful time he had.

So today I finished this process so here is the update I said I would post:

So we ran into one minor glitch in the entire process and had delays due to holidays and the new Presidential Administration coming in but there are only two important issues of the entire process.

This was the first time I ran into an issue with our marriage being done online in Utah(US). One of the final people to sign off on my visa was not happy with that and was concerned that people are using that to just enter the country. His request was to prove a second marriage here in the Philippines, this can be done by any reverend just to prove and solidify marriage status. Luckily we had already been married in the church here so we had everything he wanted. We provide the certificate of this via email and then had to wait an additional few weeks for the next agenda date.

After that, the process was the same as I have read before. It was a two-day process of dropping off my Passport and then returning the next afternoon to claim it and my new ACR. It took longer to park than to complete those steps on both days.

So all in all the current process works pretty smoothly but for anyone else married in Utah be ready to supply additional documentation if asked.

From probationary to permanent resident visa:

We went to the NBI Manila 2 months ago and on March 1, 2023 we picked up the NBI clearance. There was a queue at the NBI clearance center, however, after 15 minutes in the line I got my clearance. Next we took a Grab to the Immigration in Intramuros. The lady under the stairs took the NBI clearance, the requested copies and told us that all pages of the passport must be photographed (the only requirement difference between what is written in the internet and what is needed). Then she gave as 2 forms and a young man took my wife to the notary behind the BDO next door. The notary made 3 documents and took 1.350 PHP for his work. Back in the Immigration we signed the forms from the notary, filled in the forms and the young lady directed my wife to the office under the stairs. There the completeness of the documents were checked and I went to another window to request the ACR card. This was quite quick and from the next window I got a bill to pay (it was a little less than 10.000 PHP). After paying I went to the central receiving unit and I was told that there is no interview needed. The document was stamped and I was sent to room 214 were I requested the ACR card again. No photograph of fingerprints were taken. I got another stamp on the bill and now I am waiting for my PRV. So the hole process was about 2.5 hours.

@Andy_1963 Thank you for adding your experience to this post. It is good to know the current process for TRV to PRV as I will be doing that soon also.

U will get ur probationary i d card after 1 month just u need to check the website continue after a month .

I hv probationary I'd which onenwill be expire 0ct,2023

I wanna go to vacation for 2 month

Just I want to know I can go directly or I need to apply exit & re entry visa kindly if someone know about it guide me.

@hawaiszia Yes You need to secure ECC B , which is re entry, better get your 2 years visa extension and then depart for your country on vacation. There  is no problem if you can return back before October. Keep in mind if your visa expires at the time you are not in the Philippines you need tourist visa again to enter the Philippines.

Thanks 😊

Tahir what the requirements for renew the probitionary acr I card ?

For renew again I need NBI clearance again ?

Kindly?

@hawaiszia Yes, for extension of TRV visa, you need NBI and Notarized Letters to Commissioner, with application form provided at the Central Information Unit at the BI Headoffice. No need of medical certificate if you haven't went outside The Philippines, no need of marriage certificate, though they can ask for it.

2 set of photocopy All pages of passport.

That's it.

M very thankful 2u Tahir 😘

JazakAllah khair Allah bless u ❤️

I know there is another post about the process of applying for a 13a visa but I just did this week and since my experience was vastly different I decided to start an updated thread. This will be a bit long.

So before going to immigration here is where I stood with everything. I have been in the country since September of last year, I have extended my 9a visa twice, Since I have been here for over 6 months I acquired an NBI clearance and PSA copies of our marriage contract, 2: 2x2 photos with white background and my wife's birth certificate. I downloaded the most current version of the application to convert to a 13a probationary visa and a checklist of items needed. We followed the directions and compiled two folders with all of the documents required. Beyond the listed items we gathered some other items just case they were needed such as a barangay clearance confirming cohabitation, bank records to prove income, and the original of our US marriage certificate(this is what was filed with PSA), and copies of my current ACR card. With all of this gathered and sorted we head to the main office in Manilla. I had called previously to confirm that to get a BI clearance as listed in the checklist I would need to do that before applying for my 13a so there would be at least two trips.
So trip one to the office to get my BI clearance. This took longer than I thought it would. We were there for a total of about 3 hours going through the application process. We started by submitting the application at window 21 and were told we need to be at window 23 in two hours. So we waited and went to the window as directed in 2 hours. I received my order of payment and sent down to window 14-16 to pay as directed. I paid the 1010 PHP for the clearance and was sent back to the previous window. I turned in my OR and was given a claim stub to return in three days. As were planning on returning a week later to process the 13a application I asked if we could claim it a few days late and they assured me this was fine. This leads to the interesting part of this adventure the day of application submission.

As I said we compiled the folders with the required documents as per the current checklist from the BI website. On the day of application everything changed so I am going to go through the list of requirements as per the form and the changes we experienced:
1.) Joint Letter of request addressed to the Commissioner from the applicant and the petitioning Filipino spouse. We typed this as requested and research said it did not need to be notarized. We were sent down the street to have this done. When we arrived at the attorney's desk behind the next building we were informed we needed multiple forms from him. They retyped our request and provided two copies plus an affidavit of guarantee with authenticity. We received two copies of each of these both notarized with our signatures (~1000PHP) and we returned to the BI office.
2.)Duly accomplished CGAF form. We got that moving on
3.)Marriage Certificate(PSA copy). Again we are good moving on
4,)Birth Certificate of Filipino spouse. We are good, we got this.
5.)Photocopy of passport bio-page and latest admission with valid authorized stay. We are good again this is flying by going to be a fast day
6.) Valid NBI Clearance. Still good moving on
7.) BI Clearance. We just picked it up so we are good but informed it is not needed and it is removed from the folder and handed back to us. We are told maybe we can use it for something else maybe, wasted 1010PHP and a day but ok.
8.) Medical Certificate. I do not need this so we are done with the requirements as per the checklist.
Now we enter the fun that is not on the checklist or process due to pandemic procedures. I am informed we need two color copies of every page of my passport and 2 copies of my most recent extension. I am pointed to the coping service onsite. Color copies cost 25PHP per copy so a bit high but we are here so let's do this. This came to 700PHP extra but ok moving on. We returned with all of this to the person at the front desk we have been working with, by the way, she was wonderful and helped us through every step. After arranging everything in the folder and fastening everything together I signed the log and was sent to the end of the counter to sign in and speak to another person behind the front desk area.
We started to walk back to speak with him and he said just one of us not both and that my wife could sit in the waiting area for me. We reviewed all the documents and asked the general questions as to why we decided to stay here and if I planned on taking my wife to the states. Also how we met, how long we have been together before marriage, etc. Normal immigration questions for immigration. He then requested proof that my wife was still a Filipino citizen. I went out and grabbed her passport and a color copy of it that we had with us, luckily she updated her passport after our marriage so that was not an issue with names. He sent us to the ACR application review window.
They received my application and then made sure the information on the screen was correct. The funny part of this is they ran the same check as the BI CLearance while I was standing there but there was no other charge for that so all is well. After they reviewed my file and had me check the information on the screen I was issued an order of payment and given the numbers for the next two windows I needed to visit.
First was window 14 for payment. I paid a total of 11,267PHP for the 13a application and new ACR. I moved to the next window to turn in the application. They reviewed both folders, my OR and kept the 13a folder and handed me back the ACR folder, and sent us to the second floor. There my ACR folder was reviewed and stamped and we were sent back to the first floor, this was quick thankfully as there is no AC in the hallway of the second floor where we waited. Upon arriving at the window on the first floor they did biometric capturing (picture and electronic captured fingerprints). I was handed a claim slip to return in a month for visa implementation and to receive my ACR but also watch the website as this can move faster.

So the major differences from the online information I found were the lack of need for a BI clearance, the extra notarized documents required, and the fact that there is no hearing or separate interviews to be scheduled. All in all, we were at the office for 3 hours on our application day. We arrived at 730a and left right at 1030a. In total, we had an extra 2700PHP in fees that could be lowered by being prepared with all the needed copies. I am not saying everyone's experience will be the same as mine but this is what I experienced at the main office this past week.

I hope this helps anyone submitting an application in Manilla soon and I will update this as to when I receive my visa and ACR.

-@PNodens

Wow. Glad I decided against that process and went for the SRRV instead. Doing the 13A in the US was simpler but more costly, although I never received it as they stopped letting the embassies issue them.

@Ztahirkheli

Good Evening s Tahir bhai today I get applications forms & all the paper from the notre s, I want to know immigration will extend visa for 2 years or 3 years kindly ?

@hawaiszia hello Bro , For Pakistani Nationals it's max 2 years not more then that,  every extension after 1 year is 2 years each.

@Ztahirkheli

Oh 🙆‍♂️ thank u Tahir bhai 😘

Yes it depends on where you are when you apply, it was years ago for me, just the list of documents, best have them done by a lawyer,  one who is on the list to do immigration,  when they see his name there is no problem, after all the documents. Paid the immigration  officer 1000 peso,no receipt, talked to him a few minutes than waited for it to be approved it was about 9,000 pesos back than

Good afternoon,  I have a couple questions. One,  what is the difference between NBI and BI? Second question,  how much money do you need to have in your bank account for a 13A visa?  I own a house in the USA and my wife and I have property and a home in the Philippines.

happywheels777asked  . . . .  I have a couple questions. One,  what is the difference between NBI and BI? Second question,  how much money do you need to have in your bank account for a 13A visa?  I own a house in the USA and my wife and I have property and a home in the Philippines.

Your bio says you're living in the USA, so I will address that with my experience.

My wife is a Filipino who I met and married in the States. We arrived in the Philippines in August 2018 and I was granted a Balikan Visa without knowing anything about Balikan Visas. When I looked at my passport I thought they made a mistake in granting me one year.

BI: Bureau of Immigration

NBI: National Bureau of Investigation

With time remaining on my Balikan Visa I applied for my ACR-1, good for another year. With time remaining on my ACR-1, I applied for my 13A.

At no time were we asked anything about our bank accounts.

@Enzyte Bob thank you very much for the reply.