Good quotes

"Happiness is found when you stop comparing yourself to other people."

Sammy225 wrote:

Many of life's failures are people who didn't realize how close they were to success when they gave up - Thomas Edison

Very true! Early in the last Century, an uncle of mine - a chemist - invented a carbonated drink that he called "two-up" after the Australian coin-tossing game; but he had no luck in marketing it. So he refined the formula and called it "three-up". Still no luck. In succeeding years he invented "four-up", and "five-up", and "six-up" - but then he died of a broken heart without realising just how close he had come to success.

Eliisi wrote:

Or, just maybe, you stop caring what they think of you.

"Or, just maybe, you stop caring what they think of you."

Actually both are true and really work for me.

Bob K

"Never trust a quote from me on the internet.  I probably never said it."
Mark Twain

"We're all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness—and call it love—true love.”;-) ― Robert Fulghum, True Love)   ;-)

“Tell me and I'll forget, teach me and I'll remember, involve me and I'll learn” (Benjamin Franklin)

It always seem impossible until it's done - Mandela

Wistaria_87 wrote:

Robert Fulghum, True Love)

Good to see somebody quoting Robert Fulghum. The quote of his that I like best is the one he took as the title of one of his books: "All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten". And he proved it, in that book.

A good speech should be like a woman's skirt; long enough to cover the subject and short enough to create interest.

- Winston Churchill -

Sammy225 wrote:

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail - Ralph Waldo Emerson

In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away.
(shing xiong)

As a prayer, my longing flows through my lips,
May my life be a beacon of light, Dear God!

Let my vigor perish the darkness the world's engulfed in,
Let my radiance illuminate the far corners of the world!

Make my country magnificent through my energy,
As a garden beautified through a flower!

Like a moth let me live this life, Dear God!
Fallen hopelessly in love with the flame of knowledge, Dear God!

Make it my duty to serve the poor and needy,
To be a source of comfort to the weak and elderly!

My Allah, shield me from evil and wicked deeds,
And, guide me on a path which is marked by good and piety!
-          English Translation, Allama Iqbal's “Bachay ki dua” (A Child's Prayer)

Let the sleeping dogs lie

Speak your mind even if your voice shakes - Maggie Kuhn

Control your anger, because it's only one letter away from danger...

Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference - Winston Churchill

"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Groucho Marx

"In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away"
said  shing xiong

"Never tell your problems to anyone...20% don't care and the other 80% are glad you have them".
                                                      Lou Holtz

"Never take a laxative and a sleeping pill at the same time"

Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak … sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go
Unknown

Find useful info to succeed in your expat project

OR