"Must visit" places in Muscat ?

Hey all ,

I'd be stopping by Muscat , staying in Shangri La Barr Al Jissah for a week !

Any recommendations on where to go ? Any must see tourist places ?

Restaurants ? Night Clubs ? :D

Come on , gimme some good info  :cool:

Also I wanna know where to get those Omani Traditional Hats :D

Hello , I dont know any night clubs etc but definitly you must see the Sultan Qaboos Mosque the port at Mutrah and the souk markets there , you will find the traditional hats everywhere the cheap ones for tourists are in every mall and souk but the "real" ones are hand stitched and very intricate taking a long time and of course alot of money to buy .

[Moderated : No free ads on the forum please, you can however place them in the Housing section ]

deborah1964 wrote:

Hello , I dont know any night clubs etc but definitly you must see the Sultan Qaboos Mosque the port at Mutrah and the souk markets there , you will find the traditional hats everywhere the cheap ones for tourists are in every mall and souk but the "real" ones are hand stitched and very intricate taking a long time and of course alot of money to buy .

Thanks for the info , yep eyeing the Sultan Qaboos Mosque ;)

BTW , good places to eat ?
Shopping malls if any ?

Thanks again for taking time to reply !

To be honest the shopping is pretty standard here in Muscat the malls have the same boring shops like H &M that you find everywhere , the souk at Mutrah will make you feel your in India it doe'nt feel very Omani at all . Becareful what they try to sell you as Omani traditional or antique atricles are usually cheap Indian copies etc . The food is interesting as its such a melting pot ( pardon the pun ) of cultures i usually find when i travel that i look for where the locals eat to enjoy the best of a countries cuisine , there is an amazing mix of Turkish , Iranian , Indian , and Omani food avaliable so you wont starve just follow your nose and enjoy

deborah1964 wrote:

To be honest the shopping is pretty standard here in Muscat the malls have the same boring shops like H &M that you find everywhere , the souk at Mutrah will make you feel your in India it doe'nt feel very Omani at all . Becareful what they try to sell you as Omani traditional or antique atricles are usually cheap Indian copies etc . The food is interesting as its such a melting pot ( pardon the pun ) of cultures i usually find when i travel that i look for where the locals eat to enjoy the best of a countries cuisine , there is an amazing mix of Turkish , Iranian , Indian , and Omani food avaliable so you wont starve just follow your nose and enjoy

:thanks:

Thanks a ton Deborah

Definitely gonna use this info  :top: